Cannot activate Remote Access license

brynpritchard
brynpritchard Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Hi we have bought a remote access license to allow remote connection to another computer within our organisation. We have installed TV on both machines, however when we sign into the machine we are going to be connectiong from using the email and password we used to create the account and buy the license it says its the Free License. Cannot find a way to apply the license we have bought to this installation.

Comments

• 'I have just bought remote access for a computer cannot log in to add a support ticket as the software hasn't applied the license and still thinks its free version. Please help

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @brynpritchard,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

The reason why you are redirected to the Community is that you didn't activate your Remote Access license on your TeamViewer account yet.

We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base article right here: How to activate your Remote Access license

After activating it, you will be able to submit a ticket to our support: How to submit a ticket 

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi Thanks for comming back to me.

I have followed the guiide but I still cannot get the account to activate..Everyother time bought a remote access llicense i have signed in and it automatically assigned the license. 

Please help i am so confused, AND TV support that I conttacted via my other account have pointed me to the community page. Everyone is ingoring the fact that I paid for a license and I have followed the guide and It hasnt worked.

• JeanK

Hello @brynpritchard,

Your license is not activated on any TeamViewer account.

Please follow the activation procedure again: How to activate your Remote Access license 

If you need individual support, please call our support: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/ 

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi Jean

I have contacted support (#33569361) They have advised me to read the community page instructions. So i am going around in circles. Essentially when #i try activce the license I get an error page rather than the expected page. :-Capture.PNG

• I get a bit further in IE

It actually asks me to sign in but when i do i get an error page after sign in and doesnt complete activation.

Essentially i have a license that I cannot use after Ihave paid for it. Is there a way of regenerating an activation link?

• JeanK

@brynpritchard I checked your license in our backend and everything is fine.

It can be that your ISP blocks your access to our services.

Maybe this article can help: TalkTalk Imposes Extensive Traffic Filter in the UK 

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• hi its not an ISP issue.

User (me) isnt on TalkTalk and when i use my other TV account i have no issues at all. It appears that the acticvation link has gone stale. (It may have been a few days before I recieved it via our IT team). I need someway of triggering a new activation link. But Support wont help and Community doesnt have the ability as its a community rather than full support. 

I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

• JeanK

@brynpritchard,

Let have the follow up via private message. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager