PC can't Connect to Mac due to apple's two factor authentication

I just tried to have a PC remote access in to my macbook pro.  It keeps saying authentication failed and he can't connect.   On his side it is saying it is due to 2 factor authentication. I do not have this turn on in Team Viewer so it is on the apple side, not the teamviewer side.  But usually when someone wants to connect in general to any of my apple devices it will ask for a an authentication code on their end which it will supply the code on my end. Neither of these things happen so I'm not sure how to get it to connect now. I tried turning 2 factor off but evdienlty as usual apple doesn't someting annoying again and once you set it up you can't turn it off. Any ideas?

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @dpmckinney 

I would kindly recommend you please follow the steps described at this related post about how to gain access remotely with TeamViewer over a macOS. Please give attention in every detail described there and if you still have no success, then please upload some screenshots with the error displayed but remember to hide your ID & password.

Best regards