This article applies to all Remote Management customers.
There can always be cases in which you would like to un- or re-install your TeamViewer Remote Management Services, e.g., in cases where you want to move the endpoint to another device. Depending on your individual use case and setup, you can uninstall the TeamViewer Remote Management services in different ways.
This article explains you the uninstallation options for these use cases:
Example for this option: You want to uninstall the Remote Management service because you want to move the endpoint to another device and the device is online and reachable.
1. Please login to the Management Console and choose one of the Remote Management Services on the left-hand side:
1. To proceed with Monitoring (will also remove Asset Management) please click on the left top side on the blue screen icon to open the Manage endpoints PopUp:
2. In the Manage endpoints PopUp, please click on the gear wheel on the right-hand side and select Uninstall Monitoring & Asset Management (see screenshot below).
1. To proceed with Endpoint Protection, please click on the left top side on the blue screen icon to open the Manage endpoints PopUp:
2. In the Manage endpoints PopUp, please click on the gear wheel on the right-hand side and select Uninstall Endpoint Protection.
Hint: If you want to reinstall Endpoint Protection, you have to reboot the device two times afterward.
Within the backup tab, please click on the three blue points on the right-hand side in the same line as the device is and select Uninstall Backup.
Note: Please keep in mind, that as soon as you uninstall backup, it will also delete all the backed-up data of this device.
Special case 1: Uninstallation via the TeamViewer settings in case the normal uninstallation option (see above) did not work out, but the device is still online and reachable.
In cases where the device is still online, but the process described above (Normal case: Uninstallation via the Management Console) does not work, you can proceed as follows:
Note: Please keep in mind, that if the backup is removed, it will also delete the backed-up data.
After confirming the removal by clicking on Remove, the Remote Management Services will be removed. If you want to reinstall Endpoint Protection, don’t forget to reboot the device two times.
Special case 2: Uninstallation via deletion of the device in the Computers & Contacts list (Example: The device is offline (does not come back online) or is on an old customer’s device where you cannot connect to anymore.)
In those cases, you have to delete the device from your Computers & Contacts list by following these steps:
Note: Keep in mind to save the device data (TeamViewer ID, password, etc. …) in a separate file if you need to add the device again to your Computers & Contacts list. If you uninstall backup, the already backed-up data will be deleted as well. If you want to reinstall Endpoint Protection, you have to reboot the device afterward two times.