Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Teamviewer is asking for upgrade on a new plan and close the session

Teamviewer is asking for upgrade on a new plan in order to include Teamviewer customized modules. The session is allowed for a few minutes and then shut down. Why? I am a free user

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Updating-to-the-latest-and-greatest-version-of-TeamViewer

Good morning,

in case the remote device has a TeamViewer full version installed, the re-install needs to be done locally.

1. Uninstall TeamViewer from the remote device
  2. Download TeamViewer only from here: https://www.teamviewer.com/download

Donยดt forget to check whether the permanent password for unattended access is still set up properly.

Here are some background information for you and all others facing this behaviour:

Credits and thanks to @Scotty !

If you are getting this error when connecting to the full version, the full version must have been a custom install.

Please note: Custom installs are not just for Logos and banners, custom installs also automatically assign to a user automatically and this is only available for Business license holders and above.

If you are getting this message when connecting to a full version, this must have been created in or downloaded from the Management Console.

Using the Add button here creates a custom module, or you will also see this under Design and deploy if you started a trial.

To fix this, you just need to uninstall the custom version and reinstall the free version from our website.

Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed remotely.

And again: Donยดt forget to check whether the permanent password for unattended access is still set up properly.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

49 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer is asking for upgrade on a new plan and close the session

I am having the same problem. TeamViewer keeps timing out after just a short session. When I log back in, I receive a message that I must upgrade to a higher plan. And I am already a PAID member of TeamViewer !!  I paid a full 12-month subscription (USD $154.80) for the basic plan, so that I wouldn't keep getting timed out. But it still keeps happening. It's a rip-off !

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

And the TeamViewer FAQ Tour doesn't mention anything about this !

Who is the TeamViewer technical adviser that can answer why we keep getting timed out after just a short session, even when we are PAID subscribers ??

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

sorry to read this. Letยดs dive into it:

Can you please confirm, that

• the license has been activated on your TeamViewer accounts
  • You are logged in to these accounts in the software
  • the license is valid for the TeamViewer version you are using.

Thanks, Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Esther,

I am using a non commercial free license and I had no issues up to now. I am logged in the software and, I guess, the free license should be valid anyways, right?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Updating-to-the-latest-and-greatest-version-of-TeamViewer

Esther, you're reply is incorrect in my case. Both my laptop and my remote PC have the latest version of TeamViewer. I have checked 3 times in the last hour.  Yet my sessions keep timing out within a few minutes, even though I bought the Licence.

The TeamViewer message says:  "Your current TeamViewer plan does not include connections to customised TeamViewer  modules. Your session will therefore be terminated after a short while. Please upgrade to a higher plan to use this functionality." 

Because of the quick timing out and this message, I purchased a Licence. But TV is still terminating my sessions.  I feel ripped off, at this critical time when I need TV because of  travel restrictions due to Coronavirus cases in our country.  Please advise how I can solve this.

Community Manager

Hi @emanueso 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Please accept my apologies! I think I did not read your message carefully enough ๐Ÿ™ˆ!

You said it all!

As long as you connect to the standard TeamViewer modules: Full version, Host or QuickSupport everything should work as usual with the free version.

Only connections to a customized module wonยดt work for you. This is a connection exclusively for paying customers.

Just use the normal ones. You can find them here: www.teamviewer.com/download

Best, Esther

Community Manager

6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Esther, I just checked again my version of TeamViewer.  I have version 15.3.8497 from 9 March 2020. It says " Your version of TeamViewer is up to date."

So what is the latest version ???

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Aren_Savusavu 

Thanks for your feedback!

Did you buy the Remote Access license? In this case, please also connect to the regular TeamViewer modules instead of the customized modules. 

Please understand that the Remote Access license does not offer the same features and privileges as our standard licenses. 

Our goal was to offer a low price, high-value solution for specific use cases like Remote Access or Remote WorkClassic examples are Home Offices or Server administration to a limited extent. If you need to connect to customized modules, Remote Access is not the right fit for your use case.

Please find the download for the regular TeamViewer modules here:

https://www.teamviewer.com/download

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Esther, please also answer my questions. I am a licensed subscriber (from about 1 hour ago).

My version of TeamViewer is 15.3.8497 from 9 March 2020. It says " Your version of TeamViewer is up to date."

So why do I keep getting terminated after a very short session  ? And why do I have to upgrade to a "higher plan" ?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Please see my reply above

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I think I am using standard module but it still does not work. I am not trying to connect to anything customised or something. I am using the same procedure everyday and everything worked perfectly up to now. I have the latest version of Tv.

What if I try to download the module in your link? In that case I lose my password access? If so, I cannot do it since I do not have any access to my remote pc

Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @emanueso 

I am just assuming you are connecting to a customized module from your first message

Teamviewer is asking for upgrade on a new plan in order to include Teamviewer customized modules. The session is allowed for a few minutes and then shut down. Why? I am a free user

To avoid password issues, I recommend the following in any case:

1. Install TeamViewer Host or the full version on your work computer. You will find the download here: Download TeamViewer
  2. Create a TeamViewer Account and activate two-factor authentication
  3. Setup a permanent password for unattended access or Easy Access for your TeamViewer Account
  4. Save the TeamViewer ID as a computer in your Computers & Contacts list
  5. An extra layer of security: Add a whitelist for your work computer and add your TeamViewer Account to it. With this, you restrict access for other persons

Important is the password or Easy Access part!!!

I hope this helps,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Esther,  Yes. I just bought the Remote Licence tonight because I thought that I was being denied access by TeamViewer because I was a Free User.   Until tonight everything worked fine. I haven't changed anything. Just like Emanuesco in Italy.   So what are these modules ?

And what happens if I sign up with a new regular account ? I already have an account.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Aren_Savusavu 

The customized modules are the TeamViewer modules you can create in the Management Console: You can customize the appearance of TeamViewer Host based on your needs by adding your own logo, text and user-defined colors in the Management Console under Design & Deploy.

More information can be found here (Host as an example).

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Sorry Eshter, I explained it badly. I do not have any connection for customizable module. That is only a message that I got as soon as I connect to my remote PC.  

The message is in italian but traslated is the same that @Aren_Savusavu posted above. 

It is literally saying that

"your current Tv plan does not include connections to Tv customized modules. Therefore, your session will be quit in a while. Execute the upgrade to an higher plan in order to attain such functionality". 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Esther,  All the steps that you recommend to Emanuesco, I have already done that long ago (in 2017). I have a TV account with two-factor authentication, a permanent password, Easy Access, and a TV ID. 

But from tonight I am being terminated after a few minutes. I don't have any customised modules. I don't even know what they are !   

So what has TeamViewer changed recently that is causing this timing out ? It's not me. It's TV.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Is it possible that you connect to a device that has been formerly supported by a company, who used a customized module?

You can give the following a try: Go to Help --> About TeamViewer in the software and check the version number: Does it include a C by any chance?

Thanks, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Yes, that is correct. I have such C in the remote PC TV version. Not in mine.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

My version of TeamViewer is 15.3.8497 from 9 March 2020.  There is no "C" in there.

And I have never tried to customise my account: no module, no logo, no color, no nothing.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I was wrong. I just checked and discovered the same as Emanuesco: 

My laptop (which I'm using here) has version 15.3.8497 from 9 March 2020

But my remote PC has version 15.3.8497 C from 9 March 2020.

So how did that get there ?  and want does it mean ??

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @emanueso hi @Aren_Savusavu 

Ok - so we found it.

Your local TeamViewer is most likely a full version and there is no customized version. So it is correct that there is no C.

For the remote device: This is what we were assuming before. The C indicates it is a customized module.

The way around is a clear uninstall (with all settings) of the remote TeamViewer followed by a fresh re-install of a regular full version or Host module. 

I guess the remote device is not close to you and it is not easy to access it. 

I will clarify with our support whether a remote update to the Full version will resolve this.

I am keeping you posted.

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Dear Esther, 

How do we get rid of this nasty "C" from our remote computer so that we can get our TeamViewer working again ?  It's after midnight in Fiji and I've got imprtant documents to send before the sun rises in the morning !   Please help !

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Thanks Esther,

I should also add that my remote PC is steadly connected to a LAN University connection, which usually leads system updates.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Aren_Savusavu please read my reply above

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

OK Esther.  Thank you. You answered my plea just as I was sending it.

I am lucky that my PA can access my remote PC tomorrow morning. So I guess I will miss my pre-dawn document deadline, and I will ask my PA to uninstall my TV from my remote PC and then re-install. But let me know how to do that, so I can guide her tomorrow.

Is there anything extra I need to do, now that I have a Remote Licence ?  I regret buying that now....   I should have checked with you first ! 

Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @Aren_Savusavu , hi @emanueso 

We tested the scenario and this is the outcome:

• You can update within the session to the remote device to "default TeamViewer Host module"
  • After the update is done, the password is still valid, the connection is possible without any warning at the beginning and it is not automatically ended after some short time.

Keep in mind to choose the "default TeamViewer Host module".

I hope this info helps you.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

News? Can you tell me if you ll manage some solutions within a few hours? Only to know how to organize my work

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi @Esther

can you please describe a bit more accurately how to upload on such host module? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Ok, sorry, I did not look at the link. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Following the procedure, when I comes to "remote upload", I just got that "my TV is the latest version" or something. There is no choice for host module.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Can you try to click on the little arrow in the lower right corner of the toolbar?

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

This is what I got. A window with some informations opens

Sorry, it is in italiantv1.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

News? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi again,

Just one thing: Do you have a Host or a QuickSupport on the remote device?

Can you try the following:  Install_default_TeamViewer.PNG

Go via Files & Extras.

Thanks!

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I am afraid I have not that button. How can I know if I have quick support or host? 

tv2.png

Highlighted
Community Manager

you can check out this article: TeamViewer modules 

I added screenshots for the different modules.

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

The interface of my Tv corresponds to the full version 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

News?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Please, let me know as soon as possible since I will be supposed to start working in 12 hour. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi  Esther or TV team,

I've read all of Esther's notes, and also the entire article, but it doesn't solve my problem. The article contains no reference to the TV Toolbar.  And I cannot find any toolbar on my Teamviewer, or any Actions button. So I cannot do a remote update as shown below in your article:  Updating the remote TeamViewer can easily be done during a TeamViewer session via the toolbar:

Toolbar Aktionen Englisch.png

Please urgently advise how I can update my remote computer, to get rid of that nasty "C" version !!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

and I do NOT have a Host or a QuickSupport on my remote computer.

In fact NO modules at all !

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi Esther,

Last night you advised:

For the remote device: This is what we were assuming before. The C indicates it is a customized module.

The way around is a clear uninstall (with all settings) of the remote TeamViewer followed by a fresh re-install of a regular full version or Host module. 

Can you please advise whether a "fresh re-install" of TeamViewer in the remote PC will allow it to connect again with my local device ? And how does my remote staff ensure that the re-install locks into my Remote licence ?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi Esther / Natasha / Anyone at TeamViewer ??,

I have been trying to figure out this problem all afternoon.  

1. I have found the Toolbar. I didn't see it at first because I always maximise the screen, and the Toolbar disappears when I do that. Customer Feedback: Please include some info about your Toolbar in your articles !

2.  But my toolbar does NOT contain any "Install" button to the right of the "Files & Extras" button. Why not ?  I have paid for a Remote Access Licence.  Or is Remote Access Licence  not sufficient for me to have the "Install" button ?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi Esther / Natasha / Anyone at TeamViewer ??,

I have been trying to figure out this problem all afternoon.  

1. I have found the Toolbar. I didn't see it at first because I always maximise the screen, and the Toolbar disappears when I do that. Customer Feedback: Please include some info about your Toolbar in your articles !

2.  But I cannot install "default TeamViewer Host module" because my toolbar does NOT contain any "Install" button to the right of the "Files & Extras" button ! Why not ? 

I have paid for a Remote Access Licence.  Or is Remote Access Licence  not sufficient for me to have the "Install" button ?  

3. And when I click "Remote Update" option under "Actions" button, I get the message: "Your version of TeamViewer is up to date. There is no new version  of TeamViewer".

So this does not give me any solution either, to get rid of the "C" version of TeamViewer in my remote PC.

So how can I update my remote PC, to get rid of the "C" version ?  Please go back to your technicians, and ask them for a solution. I notice that 19 other Users have had the same problem, and I notice that this problem arises spontaneously, after many years of normal function.  Are Nunnink, Fiji

Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Good morning,

in case the remote device has a TeamViewer full version installed, the re-install needs to be done locally.

1. Uninstall TeamViewer from the remote device
  2. Download TeamViewer only from here: https://www.teamviewer.com/download

Donยดt forget to check whether the permanent password for unattended access is still set up properly.

Here are some background information for you and all others facing this behaviour:

Credits and thanks to @Scotty !

If you are getting this error when connecting to the full version, the full version must have been a custom install.

Please note: Custom installs are not just for Logos and banners, custom installs also automatically assign to a user automatically and this is only available for Business license holders and above.

If you are getting this message when connecting to a full version, this must have been created in or downloaded from the Management Console.

Using the Add button here creates a custom module, or you will also see this under Design and deploy if you started a trial.

To fix this, you just need to uninstall the custom version and reinstall the free version from our website.

Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed remotely.

And again: Donยดt forget to check whether the permanent password for unattended access is still set up properly.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Ok, thanks. 

@Aren_Savusavu I solved the problem doing the re-installation of Teamviewer as @Esther suggested and I got rid of such C.

(NB For the sake of honesty and the emergency of the time being, I may help someone saying that: to do that I did not go to my remote PC place. Simply I thought that those 5 mins allowed to control it, could be enough to install temporarly something else...)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thanks Esther & Scotty.

It's been quite a saga getting this solution. I will be back at my remote office tomorrow and will do what you suggest.  To save other Users and future Users from the same stress and frustration as we experienced, I recommend that this problem and solution protocol are added to your FAQ site.   Aren

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thanks!

Glad to hear that you got it fixed, and that the solution works !  I will do it tomorrow when back home.  Stay safe in Italy !   Aren

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Dear Remote Access users,

some hours ago we released a change so that time-unlimited connections to custom modules are now enabled.

You need nothing to do but retrying a connection.

Generally, connections to custom modules (you can determine that by an "C" behind the version number on the remote client) are not included in our Remote Access license. But due to the current circumstances and a lot of restrictions we can understand that it might currently not be possible to uninstall and reinstall another TeamViewer client on the remote side.

Please, have in mind that this will change again in the future when installing another TeamViewer client on the remote computers should easily be possible once again for most of you.

Take care of you and a successful remote work!

Best, Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core