Teamviewer paid version 9 cant install

Josue
Josue Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Yesterday when the outage occured one of the users thought the issue was with the local install of teamviewer and decided to uninstall and re-install but as of today we've still been unable to install it.

I installed version 12 free successfully but then un-installed it and tried version 9 again with no success.

It gets and error at creating shortcut in [user]AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\TeamViewer.lnk

then the installation just rolls back and I get an error message that the installation failed.

Google search provided a few posts with persons having the same issue in the past however none of the posts provide a solution.

Comments

• Giovanni
    Giovanni Posts: 49 [Former Staff]

Dear @Josue,

This issue you described could be caused by corrupted registry keys left behind by a faulty installation, or a Windows update.

Please try the following:

-Remove any versions of TeamViewer via the add/remove programs option from Control Panel.

-Go to Regedit: remove the full TeamViewer folders located in
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\]

and if there the folder "TVInstallTemp" (also located in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\] )

-Also, please delete the entire TeamViewer folder located in %temp%

-Restart the machine.

-Reinstall a fresh copy of TeamViewer 9 from our website and during the installation select "Advanced" and change the path from C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer to C:\TeamViewer

I hope this solves the issue.

Take care,

Giovanni.

Giovanni
    Senior Enterprise Solutions Engineer

• Josue

@Giovanni 

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this is did not work for me.

Although I'd already seen this in another post and tried it, I followed your instructions and tried it again.

Deleted folders located in registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\]

There was no TVInstallTemp located in: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\] 

Deleted TeamViewer folder in %Temp%

Also went through and deleted TeamViewer folder in AppData/Local/Temp for all users in C:/Users just in case.

Restarted PC, downloaded TV9 from website and attempted to install by running as Administrator and I received the same error message.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

• Giovanni

Hi @Josue,

you did not mention the change of the installatio path, did you try that?

Let me know,

Giovanni.

Giovanni

• Josue

@Giovanni

Yes, sorry you are correct I did not mention it but yes I did try installing directly into C: and that did not work either.

Strange thing is, I can install other versions of TV just fine. I tried installing TV12 and it workded fine. And before you ask, yes I did uninstall all other versions of TV before trying to install V9 again.

Thanks

• Giovanni

@Josue at this point we will have to take a look at the problem more in deep.

Please open a ticket on our webpage: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/ and a Supporter will help you further.

Thank you,

Giovanni.

Giovanni