Frequent Disconnects

JeffreyMGeorge
JeffreyMGeorge Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Since last week my TeamViewer 11 sessions have been erratically disconnecting. Sometimes they will stay open for a couple of hours; other times they disconnect less than 60 seconds after connecting. I even upgraded to 12 to see if this would fix the problem but it hasn't. I emailed support a week ago and have heard nothing, so I've given up on getting any support from them. Does anyone know what might be causing this? How about a product that does the same thing but that works reliably and has dependable support?

Comments

• JeffreyMGeorge
    JeffreyMGeorge Posts: 8 ✭✭

So no one has any clues about this? Does support monitor these forums? Is there a way to even get a response from support?

• Nope. They don't. I also tried raising this issue via "community" forums. I genuinely just wanted to know if this was a "pay wall" thing, and if buying a license even though I just use it for personal use on my home LAN, would resolve this.

So clearly they don't monitor cos that's a sales opportunity right there...
  • PJ
    PJ Posts: 1

Not a paywall. I use licenced TV and experience frequent disconnections. However not to all destinations, just few remote PC's/servers suffer from this disease.

• I found that the hard drive on my computer was set to turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I changed it to 60 minutes and now it rarely happens. You can set this in the advanced settings of your power plan.

• hcastillo5
    hcastillo5 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Problem is still an issue. Usually ends up with "Please wait to login" after I have connected to many times.

• hcastillo5
    hcastillo5 Posts: 2 ✭✭

also paid subscription.