Locking remote computer during session

StefanBraem
StefanBraem Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi

First of all, I understand the difference between RD and Teamviewer, but I really do like all the features and the usability from Teamviewer. I'm using a bunch of computers and I daily remote connect with them. I'd like to keep them locked while I remote connect with them through Teamviewer. I read something about the black screen and teamviewer monitor which I should download, but google isn't helping me on that. Could someone get me started?

Thanks!

Stefan

Best Answer

Answers

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Show black screen.png

After you connect to a remote computer, open the top menu bar. Choose Actions, and look for options Disable remote input and Show black screen.

For the black screen to be displayed, a driver is required. If it is not installed, you will prompted to install it.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Ok, thanks! And is the computer I'm connecting to, then locked? Or will it only show a black screen?

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

It will only show a black screen and the mouse\keyboard are disabled. If your connection is lost, everything goes back to normal.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Ok, and is there a solution to lock the remote computer automatically after i disconnected?

• Ok, thanks! :)

• How can I do this on an android tablet? The toolbar does not have the same options as the one for a computer.

• Lindi
    Lindi Posts: 1

You can make a shortcut on your desktop to lock the pc. Create a shortcut, and make a shortcut to this file "Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation".  From there, you can press that file everytime you are on the tablet to lock the pc.

Here is the link of the forum about this - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-7-create-shortcut-to-lock-computer/

• Dslee
    Dslee Posts: 1

Does the black screen feature work on Macs? The option was greyed out for me and then I noticed it wasn't but when I clicked it a message popped up (see screenshot) and Disable remote input is still greyed out.Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.39.12 pm.png