Maximum channel licenses exceeded

jlrecarte
jlrecarte Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I write from Virgin Active company. We have accorded a corporate license and we can only use 1 channel license despite of corporate license has 3 corporate channels. It occurs since last week or a couple of weeks

What can be solved by? And not with an order of extra channels

Thanks

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Dear jlrecarte, 

Thank you for your post. 

You can always check how many of your channels are taken in the main window of your TeamViewer client via "Help > About TeamViewer > Channel use" (available on Windows computers). In the new window that opens, TeamViewer will display the IDs that are having a session at that moment.

If you feel that you only have one channel at your disposal, did you maybe create channel groups within your company profile in the Management Console? Channel groups will allow you to assign one or several channels to a specific group of users. Those channels will only be available to the users belonging to that group. This may explain why some of your users only have access to one channel, even though your licence actually includes three of them. You will find the channel groups in the Management Console by clicking on your display name in the upper right-hand corner and selecting "Administer [company name]".

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions or if there are any inconsistencies, please do not hesitate to let me know. You are of course also welcome to contact our customer care team directly: 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/

All the best,

Katharina