No Connection to TeamViewer Server

cavementech
cavementech Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

All,

My teamviewer quit working today. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also searched the forum for fixes and those fixes did not work.

I am receiving "No Connection to TeamViewer Server: Please check your internet connection. Most likely you use a proxy server and you have to enter the proper information in the options dialog."

I do not use a proxy server, I am connected to the internet, I can get to master8.teamviewer.com and receive the message "This site is running TeamViewer."

I have a copy of the log but it won't all fit in here. So let me know what portion you need and I will reply with it.

Jason Crockett
IT Systems Engineer
Intrepid Potash

Comments

• GlynTurner
    GlynTurner Posts: 1

I am having the same problem. Server is offline but has internet access. I have 3 PC's on the same network all with internet access and working fine.

Any ideas

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,044 Moderator

Hi @GlynTurner ,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for bringing attention to this topic!

Connection issues can be caused by different reasons; a common issue is instability with IPv6.

You can try following the instructions in the article below to troubleshoot it:

📄 Fix connectivity issues - Partner did not connect to router

Let us know if it worked, or if you need further help. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Barb_k1
    Barb_k1 Posts: 1 Newbie

As of yesterday, I can no longer connect to the remote computer. It says that it isn't connected to the router. Others can connect from their account, but I cannot. I even changed my account email address and created a new account. What setting could have caused this?

I've used TeamViewer non-commercial for years. This is the first time I've experienced this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Chrille122000__
    Chrille122000__ Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi,

I actually can connect to similar remote devices with teamviewer 13 installed on windows xp.

But not this particular machine...( I have a green light in teamviewer.)

I end up with this alarm, hope someone could help me.

Kind Regards

Christian Gustavsson

• Chrille122000__

Hi,

IPv6 is not the problem here.....I have tried with IPv6 disabled on my host computer. Same problem.

On windows xp (the remote computer) there is no option for IPv6.

Hope someone could help me with this problem.

Kind Regards

Christian Gustavsson

• .Carol.fg.

Hi @Chrille122000__ ,

Thanks for your reply and the additional information!

Regarding the Windows XP device, could you confirm to us that you have Internet Explorer 8.0 or later installed? This is one of our compatibility requirements.

It's also advised to restart the internet router on both sides of the connection. Have you tried this step already? If not, could you give it a try?

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Best, Carol

• .Carol.fg.

Hi @Sx421 ,

Thanks for the post!

Please know that this specific error message is usually associated with connectivity instability within the network; therefore, if the other device is using the same network the issue could persist.

For cases where disabling IPv6 is not enough to solve the problem, we would advise checking TeamViewer ports and the DNS in use.

If you have a license, you can contact our support team directly for help via ticket.

Without a license, we would advise contacting your local IT for help if you're not familiar with ports or DNS configuration.

I hope this information can help! 🍀

Let me know if I can clarify any further concerns. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

• Chrille122000__

Hi,

I have made exceptions in the windows xp firewall for teamviewer ports. But still no luck.

I have raised a ticket, but the help was not so much..... As windows xp is not supported anymore.

I really hope someone could help me out here.

Kind Regards

Christian Gustavsson