Lost Local Display After Using TeamViewer 12

DavidDM
DavidDM Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I I upgraded to v12 and remotely connected to my second computer.  It worked fine but now the local display on that second computer is just black.  The only way I can use the second computer is using TeamViewer, I can't use it locally because it seems TeamViewer has turned off the display.  The screen remains black locally even when I exit teamviewer on the machine in question.  It is like the TeamViewer service is shutting off the local display.  When I boot this computer I see the windows logo for a bit then the screen goes black and the monitor acts as if it is not getting a signal (monitor light turns from blue to orange.)  Yet I know the computer fully booted because I can still access it youing TeamViewer from another computer.   I made sure the Show Black Screen is not checked.  I never did you that feature.  

Best Answer

Answers

• DavidDM

Also an important note on this issue.  It started after TeamView stalled when trying to connect to the computer in question with a message about getting the display ready.  I was unable to connect to the computer until I accessed it locally and did a hard reset because the display was black.  Also now when I connect to it with TeamViewer it always resets the screen resolution to a low resolution even though I set the preferences to not adjust the screen resolution.  Not sure it that is related in any way.

• DavidDM

Since I have had no response on this issue I assume I am the only person that this has happened too?  I got no response from TeamViewer support either.  Currently, the only way I can access and use my second computer is through TeamViewer even though it is sitting right next to me because the display is gone locally.  I suspect TeamViewer is preventing the local display from working but I am hesitant to uninstall TeamViewer as right now it is the only way I can access my computer.