Can't change resolution on client

Posted by hhs2112
Henagon

Can't change resolution on client

Hi all,

I have TV12 installed.  When loggin-in to a remote pc I only have one option beneath the View > Screen Resolution menu option (2560 X 1600).  Is there a way to change this?  I know there used to be more options but now I'm limited to just the one.

Thanks

14 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Can't change resolution on client

Hi hhs2112.

Thanks for your post!

Can you tell us if you are able to manually change the resolution of the remote end? in other words, can you remote into the device and navigate to the screen resolution and change it here?

TeamViewer only has the ability to change between the resolutions that are available at the remote end, so it  would be good to know if you can change this at the remote side.

-Scotty

Posted by hhs2112
Henagon

Hi Scotty,

Yes, I can manually change the screen resolution.  If I go to display settings on the remote pc I see roughly 20 options starting at 800 X 600 and going all the way to 2560 X 1600.  I can choose any of the options and the screen will resize.

Using the View > Screen Resolution option in TeamViewer I see only the 2560 X 1600 option.  Also, TeamViewer seems to revert to a default resolution 1024 X 768 after reboots.

Let me know if you need any screencaps - happy to send them along.

Thanks,

Harry

Posted by husncarter23
Photon

i have something like this , my resolution going to

Posted by husncarter23
Photon

Screenshot_1.jpg

i have something like this , my resolution going to

Posted by husncarter23
Photon

i cant change resolution in desktop settings on remote pc,only i have 640*480 choice

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Here is my example showing the issue:

ScreenResolution_1.png

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Posted by RustyJ
Henagon

Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue.

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

not yet.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Posted by Staff
Staff

Hi hhs2112,

There is currently a known issue where using a higher 'scaling' option on a 2K monitor can prevent TeamViewer from seeing/changing the remote computer resolution in the TeamViewer toolbar.

To confirm if this is the case, could you check the scaling options of the remote computer?
If it is 125% or 150% please try using 100%.

Currently the only workaround for this issue is to change the scaling, however it should be fixed an upcoming update.

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

I'll check it ASAP

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Posted by Reto
Photon

I have the same issue here with 150% scaling. Do I need to buy a license for version 12 for this to work correctly or will this also be fixed in version 11 I have?

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

William_L wrote:

Hi hhs2112,

There is currently a known issue where using a higher 'scaling' option on a 2K monitor can prevent TeamViewer from seeing/changing the remote computer resolution in the TeamViewer toolbar.

To confirm if this is the case, could you check the scaling options of the remote computer?
If it is 125% or 150% please try using 100%.

Currently the only workaround for this issue is to change the scaling, however it should be fixed an upcoming update.

I have found a case where on remote station I have 100% and this issue occurse.

So this is not only related to "ZOOM" options.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP
Posted by DDE
Electron

I have the same problem using a PC witout a "physical" screen.

Do you get a solution ?

Highlighted
Posted by RustyJ
Henagon

No, I have not.