Disable Sign-In Notifications

After years of using the free version of TeamViewer I thought it only right that I fork over the $1k a year for the Premium license now that my business is expanding. So this is how I've got it set up:

Roughly 30-40 endpoints all have TV 12 running, all are signed in as me. Why? Because I never know which location I'm going to be at from day-to-day so it was just easier to assign all endpoints to me and leave them signed in so that I could not only have unattended access but also initiate support sessions quickly.

Each terminal pops up a message "<computer name> has signed in." whenever a machine comes online. If there's a power or Internet outage at one of my stores my users can get as many as 10-12 notifications when their machines come back online. Is there anyway I can disable this through a policy?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you so much! I feel like an idiot. Problem solved.:smileyvery-happy:

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Glad I could help!

No need to feel like an idiot, definitely not the first time I have had that question.

And now the answer is here for other users as well :)

Happy TeamViewer-ing!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • STG
    STG Posts: 2

Is this posible to change throug Registry?

If we mass deploy the MSI and the full client to IT can we preselect that notifications on signin is disabled?

• Scotty

Hi STG,

Unfortunately not.

This setting is not device specific, it is account specific. So You may log in and have it enabled, whereas I log in with it disabled. The registry is not involved.

However once a user disables it, it will be disabled no matter where they sign in.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • STG
    STG Posts: 2

Hi Scotty,

Thx, so what about controlling it with policy from the console? I can properbly guess the answer, but why not make it an available option instead in the policy?

• Scotty

Hi STG,

Sorry, but again, policies are DEVICE policies. They don't affect accounts.

If you assign a policy, it changes the device settings to suit your needs, they do not change the settings of users that are logged in.

Each user is able to set their own settings for their account and they will only need to change this once, policies are for devices and are not relevant or applicable in this case sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • Anyway we can get notifications to integrate with windows 10 notifications instead. That way we wont have the full screen apps drop out of fullscreen and go window mode everytime someone logs onto teamviwer ?

It's so much nicer to have windows notifications tell you " While you where in fullscreen" we caught these notifications for you. Here have a look.

• Hi I have the same issue but the setting to disable this are greyed out 

• DLeveque
    DLeveque Posts: 2 ✭✭

@SparkEnergy wrote:

Hi I have the same issue but the setting to disable this are greyed out 

@SparkEnergy this is because the policy has been applied to only allow changes by an adminstrator account.
    We had the same issue and corrected this by creating a 2nd policy and applying it to a "TEST" group that we moved our techs computers into so that they could change the configuration.

When this was completed by the techs, we moved their computers out of this group into the normal group which had the policy to enable the allow changes by an adminstrator account policy.

I know.. the pop-ups are distracting and I was searching for the registry key to change this.
    I am currently researching registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\53D3C45B2EEAD964BAD4194F09BF8B9C\AdvertiseFlags 

It has a DWORD value of 184, I am wondering if this is the good key. 
    I will post more when I test this premise.

"To be yourself, is all that you can do."