Google web sites cause TeamViewer to freeze

[Running Windows-to-Windows TeamViewer links.  Both Windows 10, both versions of TeamViewer updated to latest versions]...

I've hit a strange problem which I've not come across before and would be grateful for advice on how to fix it.

When I use TeamViewer to connect to a colleague's computer, all works as normally (I've been accessing his computer for a while for occasional remote support).  Today, his desktop loaded as normal, and I opened Google Chrome, which loaded his MSN homepage without any problem.  However, when I went to www.google.co.uk, the TeamViewer screen froze: I could only see a white Chrome screen, and the desktop icons were inaccessible).

The problem occurred when I did the same with Firefox, but interestingly, the mouse controls worked OK - I could open and close a new tab and the page was showing on the remote machine, but not on mine through the Teamviewer program. Other sites (such as MSN and BBC) loaded fine.  If I closed Chrome or FF, or if my colleague navigated away from www.Google.com or Google Maps, the problem went away.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Could TeamViewer be running at a user level and something from those websites (a plug-in) be running at an elivated (admin) level?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • TrentSC
    TrentSC Posts: 4

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's unlikely: it was working fine last week, and it only appears to affect sites wihtin the Google.com domain - other sites appear fine when I log into his machine.

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @TrentSC

sometimes Chrome crash video driver when configured for hardware accelleration (NVidia expecially). TeamViewer act as video echo, so...

Try to disable this:

Chrome -> Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> remove flag for "Use hardware accelleration when available"

Let me know if the suggestion helped you.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• TrentSC

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Is it relevant that this happens ONLY on google.com web sites, and it happens when I use either Chrome or Firefox?

• DomLan

Hi @TrentSC

it could happen when you reach a site with various image, when HA (hardware accelleration) comes into play.

In any case, take a look at the machine's event viewer to check for anomalies / messages connected to the video card

Regards

Domenico Langone

• TrentSC

Is there a similar setting in Firefox?

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Might also try turning off hardware acceleration on the graphic adapter? Would that work @DomLan?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • DomLan

Sure!

Open new tab: nav to "about:config" -> accept WARNING -> search for gfx

Domenico Langone

• DomLan

Hi @bartlanz

for the moment disable all could not be a good idea.

If @TrentSC solve limited with Chrome Browser, problem is browser itself.

The test you suggest, if the first one is successful, is valid to verify that the problem resides on the video card, more precisely in a non-upgraded or non-level driver with the operating system.

One step at a time could be a good compromise.

@TrentSC: obviously altro IE has this setting. What version do you have?

Regards

Domenico Langone