How to make Teamviewer ask for password EACH time i want to connect to a computer?

Hello,

I have 3 PC added to my account. All computer is enabled for unattended access. But i want Teamviewer to ask for a password EACH time i connect to a machine.

Thanks

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Options > Advanced > Scroll to Advanced settings for connections to other computers > Temporarily save connection passwords

Save Passwords.png

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Thanks for your response. 

I've tired checking and unchecking the temporary save password box, the result is the same: i click on any of my  "My Computer" on the list and it connects without asking for password.

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

If you are connecting by clicking the device in your contact list, the password may be saved there. Open the properties for one of the contacts (not the options on the actual device) and remove the saved password.

The contact list is designed to give you quick access, but I think removing the saved password will give you the result you are looking for.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • ElleJBee
    ElleJBee Posts: 1

Did you find the answer to this? So important for security? 

Thanks so much in advance. 

• ang52
    ang52 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have been searching for the same answer for nearly 2 years and the suggestions have not worked for me, unfortunately.
    Teamviewer does not seem ti understand that if you are accessing your own work or home PC from a portable device eg netbook or laptop, there is a huge security risk if your device is stolen, especially if you have accessed your PC and not closed down TV - I have  cut off but if others don't there is the added risk that TV will still be logged on. But without logging off and entering a false login password as suggested before, the correct password is just sitting there allowing anyone to click and access the home/work PC.

Previous versions of TV forgot the password as default, but recent versions have this huge security risk.

• ang52
    ang52 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have finally cracked it - you need to do as shown in the first reply above, BUT on the device which is making the connection to the device you want to access.

It is very confusing when "computer" is used, and also "host" and "remote" device  - it is not always clear which one they are talking abaout.

Open the device you want to use to access the other one. Go to Extras/Options/Advanced and open Advanced Settings, scroll down to Advanced Settings for connection to OTHER computers and untick Temporarily Save Connection Passwords.
    I think the confusion in the solutions provided before is which device  you are looking at Extras/Options etc on - for this it has to be the one you are using to connect to the other device.

• I think the right way to do this is go to the list of your devices by clicking the contact logo, then you will see a list called "My computers" which listing all your saved devices. Click on the one you want to 'not save the password', then click the gear logo on the top right corner. Then remove the password there (just the password, don't change anything else). 

• This is still not resolved.

I have 6 PCs in my account - 2 are mine, 1 of my gf, 1 of a friend and 2 at my workplace (which are also being used by other people).

Since I'm sometimes helping the other people in my account, I would like to have them as partners there. BUT all the computers should be asking for their set password (not automatically generated one) EVERY time someone from the others wants to connect to it. I don't want someone from my office connecting effortlessly to my home PC because I forgot to turn off TeamViewer.

I've just tried various setups with my 2 home PCs without success. They're either remembering the password and connecting without asking or asking for the random password. I want to be able to use the password that I've set to each PC and be asked for it everytime. Here's a case that happens very often with me - I leave my PC at home because I'll need to access it later in the day. Well, that means that it's all the time accessible to all the PCs in my list. Not good. I also don't want to be writting down random passwords every time!

Looks like there are other people here that want this but I don't see a solution from TeamViewer. Can't you just make a tickbox with something like "Ask for password to access this PC every time" ?

• bolshed
    bolshed Posts: 2

I'll reply to my question for the ones still wondering why others are still able to connect although they unticked that 'temporarily save password' box.

So if you connected to your home computer with your permanent password from a friend's place, work or somewhere else and saved the password, then probably they can still connect to your pc.

The answer above is right BUT you should go back to all the computers you saved passwords on and remove the password + untick the 'temporarily save password' box. Probably changing your permanent password for access to your pc is also gonna work.

I think Team Viewer should think of another way for this to be done. This is definitely not intiutive.