Merge a user already in a company

Djago
Djago Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hi

I have several free users (different companies that I manage). Now we bought a corporate licence but when we tried to add one of the existing user, that particular user already has a company configured (but still a FREE account).

If I try to add that user I get an error telling me that "Your account is already associated with a company. You cannot join another company."

How can I add that user to the corporate licence?

Regards,

FSO

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Djago,

maybe this is a "join company" case. Your partner/user (with free TV access) must start the request.

1) partner with free access:

2) you:

• at the end of part one, you'll find the join request from your user in your Web Management Console
    • accept the request

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Djago

Hi DomLan

I know the procedure, I've done it with several other users with complete success. The problem is, as I stated in the first post, with this particular user: when I  try to navigate to https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany (in that users login) I get the error message: "Your account is already associated with a company. You cannot join another company."

That's because, as the error says, the user is associated with a company (but still it's a free account). So I need a way to detach the user from the old company and then join the user to the new company.

Regards,

FSO

• DomLan

Hi @Djago

thanks for the clarification.
    In this case you can follow what is indicated in this thread in @Katharina's response. The removal procedure from the previous domain must be done by an administrator of that domain.

At this time I can not verify, but tomorrow I would like to try to see whether this operation is possible without involving the administrator of the other domain, but acting on your user TeamViewer's client to remove the previous associated license

Regards

Domenico Langone

• DomLan

Hi @Djago

I still believe that it is not possible to remove the association without involving the administrator of the previous domain: when the user agreed to join the previous domain, he agreed to delegate the account management to the domain itself.

In my opinion... it's probably easier for your user to define a new account and then join your domain.

Regards

Domenico Langone

• Djago

I've read Katharina's  post but I don't see why do you think this is relevant because what she is telling to PaulGSBS is to simply add the user with the link generated by the admin, and the link is https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany, so we are in the same position as before.

Also I can't remove the user from the company profile because in the Management Console, in User Management, I get "Your trial has expired. To continue using advanced company features such as User Management and Connection Reporting, please purchase a TeamViewer license or activate your TeamViewer license on your account.". So no operations are available. Also this is the only user in the company profile so I'm not sure I can remove it if the trial wasn't expired.

• DomLan

Hi @Djago

(from official TeamViewer manual)

Caution: If you join a company with your TeamViewer account, you will lose control over your TeamViewer account! Do not join any company you do not know or do not completely trust! This process cannot be undone!

Manual

01-09-2017 08-22-04.png

This is indicating that there are probably no tasks you can complete independently, even if you are an administrator in the previous domain of the user you want to add.

I suggest, if I can, submit a specific request to TeamViewer's official support.

Regards

Domenico Langone