Restrict Access to a Folder

Hello,

This seems to be a much sought after request but as far as I cam see there is no answer ?

Surely there must be a fucntion in Teamviewer for this as it's pretty straight forward ?

I want to allow a remote individual access to working on a doc on my PC. Thus I want to restrict them to just one Folder or Parent Folder with a few sub folders. No other access obviously for security reasons.

Is there a way to make sure the person on the other end after loggin into Teamviewer can only use access / view etc one specific allocated folder ?

thanks

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Krammig,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately not, this is not a feature of our software.

The software is remote control software, this means giving someone access to TeamViewer is the same as them sitting in front of it.

With the way the software works, it does not track what it is looking at, it is just transmitting what is appearing on the screen and returning the controls input by the remote user.

I understand it sounds simple, but our software does not work in a way that would make it easy to block a folder. Think about trying to make a remote control car that is allowed to drive around a track, but you want to make sure the person using the remote is not able to pass the car over a painted line on the ground. It isn't a simple task.

We will put this in as a feature request, but my recommendation would be just to encrypt the folder.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • CHae
    CHae Posts: 1 Staff member 🤠

I would also like to see that missing feature.

However, there is a workaround for that problem. You can configure the Access-Controls in the Advanced-Options and set "Transfer-Files" to "After confirmation" (or set the whole Access-Controls to "Confirm all").
    Now you have to confirm every switch of a folder and every transfer on the computer with the incoming connection. This is secure, but not very user-friendly. Also this will only work if somebody sitting in front of the remote-computer, of course.