Start Teamviewer via Mac Automator AND passing arguments

Announcements

I am happy to announce and invite you all to our 2nd TeamViewer Community Expert Chat featuring Eduardo on the 26th of June, 04:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM CEST.

We are looking forward to receiving your questions in this board on that date! Join the Show!

Posted by dvdr
Photon

Start Teamviewer via Mac Automator AND passing arguments

I want to start Teamviewer with an app created with OSX (Sierra) automator. Problem is, that I cannot pass the arguments to teamviewer.app.

Running strictly on LAN , I want to pass on the IP of the remote computer (as entered in Partner-ID) and the password.

All hits and tipps, that I found so far (including TV support), could start teamviewer, but the arguments seem not to be passed, since I always get the normal starting screen of Teamviewer, waiting for input.

Thanks in advance for helping

2 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Start Teamviewer via Mac Automator AND passing arguments

Hi dvdr,

Thanks for your post!

I have had a discussion with our support team who have advised that this kind of setup is not currently possible with TeamViewer and has been forwarded as a suggested feature.

I have added your feedback to this request and I apologise for any hassle this causes.

-Scotty

Highlighted
Posted by gregC-IA
Photon

Re: Start Teamviewer via Mac Automator AND passing arguments

Any feedback on this?  I'm looking for the same functionality.  Using Windows 10 and the desktop app, I can pass UserID and Password argument, but I would like to be able to do this with Microsoft Universal App as well.