Teamviewer Tasks

I was wondering if theres an option in teamviewer where you can push out a task. We have a batch file that we created that will update a program on the computers but we need to push it out from teamviewer. Is this possible?

Comments

• JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

TeamViewer Management Console can adjust most settings with TeamViewer, but it won't launch a program on remote computers.

If you are trying to run a bat file on a group of computers, you need a different tool.

Are all of the computers on your local network? Do you have a domain? (Sounds like you are dealing with Windows)

• Dpetrovic
    Dpetrovic Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

We have computers on the domain and computers out on the road that are not connected to the domain. Our biggest issue is the ones that are not on the domain, but we would still like a program that we can remote from and also send out jobs out to computers. **Third Party Product** has that feature but are overpriced.

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐
    edited January 2023

Hi Dpetrovic,

I suggest trying to implement a proprietary solution for this task. I would not personally assign this type of activity to TeamViewer or to **Third Party Product**.

If you have a development center you could adopt SignalR, and create your own HUB to chat with connected clients. The protocol used is WebSocket (TCP), but obviously it works even if the client is represented by a desktop process or a browser. Essentially what you will implement is a broadcasting system

SignalR overview

The high price is likely to cover any legal costs associated with the risks the service offers.

Obviously it's just my personal opinion.

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder