Windows Visual Effects Changes After TeamViewer Remote Session?

Hello Fellow TV Enthusiasts -

I notice sometimes that there are changes to the Windows Visual Effects Settings under the Computer Properties
- Advanced System Settings
- Advanced
- Performance (Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage, and virtual memory)
- Settings
- Visual Effects

I typically have the transition/fading/animation options (highlighted in the figure below) disabled on all machines for sharpest system response.  After a TeamViewer Remote session, I notice that sometimes these settings change, and become enabled.

I've not quite been able to figure out what settings control this behavior, though imagine it may have something to do with the quality chosen for the session?  Anyone know of any specifics on what controls this?  I'm currently running v12, but it would happen with previous versions as well.  Also seems to happen independently of whether the Mac or Windows client is used for Remote Control

Windows Performance Visual Effects.png

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Windows 7, right?

I have had a similar problem. Aero themes get disabled and resets to a basic desktop.

Never did find a reason or a responsible setting.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • glnz
    glnz Posts: 44

TV has been doing this for years.  It still does it sometimes on my XP computer, and I've noticed it also sometimes changes things on my 7 computer.

• msg
    msg Posts: 27

Yes, in this case, Windows 7.
    I haven't checked to see whether it does it when remote controlling Windows 10 machines.

Yeah, I noticed it on previous versions, as well.  We used TV7 for a long time.

I was mostly wondering whether there's something in my View settings causing this behavior, but not sure which any of these may affect it?  Note: this is just an example, not necessarily the state the View Settings are configured when I access the machine(s) I've notice the problem on.

If I were a user and I had to reconfigure my Visual Effects settings every time Admin remoted into my computer for support or maintenance, I'd become annoyed in short order.  I'd like to figure out why this happens.

• glnz
    glnz Posts: 44

Some years ago, I sent a work ticket to TV complaining.  They pretended the problem doesn't exist, but it does.

In my experience, the change in "Effects" on my desktop is erratic - usually doesn't happen but sometimes does.

This is a flaw that TV refuses to recognize or fix.  If I needed TV for a big organization, this would rule it out.