assignmentdata.json

Posted by 3cit
Henagon

assignmentdata.json

Where can I get AssigmentData.json? I have tried to create a new host file, installed both MSI and EXE, but there is no json file anywhere.

What is in the file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Staff
Staff
Solution

Re: assignmentdata.json

Hi @3cit,

In order for the AssigmentData.json file to be created, you need to select the checkbox "Allow account assignment via the Assignment Tool" in your custom Host module's configuration in the Management Console. The file will then be created in the TeamViewer program folder, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer on Windows, after the first start of the Host after it's installed.

If the computer is already assigned to another TeamViewer account, then the JSON file won't be created.

It's absolutely not necessary to validate or format the JSON file in any way. And I would advise against uploading the file to any third-party website as a matter of principle, because - aside from being unnecessary - you don't know what they might do with the file.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Support Engineer
1 Reply
3 Replies
Posted by JamesM
Photon

Once you have the JSON file, first you need to validate, JSON Formatter and JSON Validator . This tool helps to Validate and format your JSON data.

Highlighted
Posted by Staff
Staff
Solution

Hi @3cit,

In order for the AssigmentData.json file to be created, you need to select the checkbox "Allow account assignment via the Assignment Tool" in your custom Host module's configuration in the Management Console. The file will then be created in the TeamViewer program folder, which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer on Windows, after the first start of the Host after it's installed.

If the computer is already assigned to another TeamViewer account, then the JSON file won't be created.

It's absolutely not necessary to validate or format the JSON file in any way. And I would advise against uploading the file to any third-party website as a matter of principle, because - aside from being unnecessary - you don't know what they might do with the file.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Support Engineer
1 Reply
Posted by NL
Henagon

Hi,

we have the problem, that the file assignmentdata.json i deleted after the second startup of the service and after that we cannot assign the computer with the assignment tool.

Christian