Announcements

Join our TeamViewer Tensor webinar today on Dec. 11th  and learn how agile and secure remote work will double your employee productivity and innovation. Sign up here!

Posted by Silver0066
Digon

Can't remote control Samsung S7 from PC

I have Teamviewer free on 5 PC's all working fine.  When adding my samsung cell, it will connect just fine from the PC....I can send messages, but the Cell rejects the connection to Remote Control.  Message:  Your partner rejected your connection request.

Does anyone have a solution.  After searching through this forum I could not find a workable solution.  Please help.  Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Can't remote control Samsung S7 from PC

Hi again,

how are you adding the device to your computers & contacts list? Please make sure to add it by entering your account details in the app. It should look like this: (See all screenshots for the steps that appear)

assign device 2.pngStart the TeamViewer Host app

assign device 3.pngActivate KnoxAssign device.pngEnter your TeamViewer account credentials hereassign device 4.pngThe device is assigned

Is it working now?

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Additional information can be found here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started 

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区)

Highlighted
Posted by Silver0066
Digon
Solution

It finally worked. I had to install the Google Play program called Teamviewer Samsung Add On. It was not mentioned anywhere in the responses to this original post over 2 weeks ago.
Anyway, thanks for your help. It is much appreceated.
9 Replies
Posted by Silver0066
Digon

By the way, I forgot to mention that I can remote control the PC from the Cell phone, but I can't control the cell from the PC, only message. Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted by Silver0066
Digon

BUMP...

Can anyoine give me suggestions

Community Manager

Hi @Silver0066

Is there anyone on the phone who can confirm the connection request or is it just timing out? This would explain the message...

Maybe you should test out using the TeamViewer Host app if you would like to have unattended access to your phone.

Looking forward to your feedback.

All the best, Esther

Community Manager

Additional information can be found here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started 

Posted by Silver0066
Digon

I installed the Teamviewer Host app at your suggestion.  Everything works, Files Transfer, Dashboard, Apps and settings, but Remote Control delivers message: Your partner rejected your connection request.

Do you have other suggestions?  I have 3 Teamview apps on my phone and I am not sure if I need all of them or some may be interfering.  Teamviewer, Teamviewer Host and Quick Support

Community Manager

Hi again,

can you please check whether Knox is activated on your device and whether you agreed to it?

If so, can you try to un-assign the device, then delete from your Computers & contacts list and re-add it.

Thanks, Esther

Community Manager

Posted by Silver0066
Digon

Thanks for your help.  I removed the phone from my list of computers and devices and reconnected it.  No change...still getting "Your partner rejected your connection request"

I am not familiar with the Knox app.  It is disabled on the phone if that is what you mean.  Do you have any ideas?

Posted by Silver0066
Digon

BUMP

Community Manager
Solution

Hi again,

how are you adding the device to your computers & contacts list? Please make sure to add it by entering your account details in the app. It should look like this: (See all screenshots for the steps that appear)

assign device 2.pngStart the TeamViewer Host app

assign device 3.pngActivate KnoxAssign device.pngEnter your TeamViewer account credentials hereassign device 4.pngThe device is assigned

Is it working now?

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by Silver0066
Digon
Solution

It finally worked. I had to install the Google Play program called Teamviewer Samsung Add On. It was not mentioned anywhere in the responses to this original post over 2 weeks ago.
Anyway, thanks for your help. It is much appreceated.