gacape2018
gacape2018 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2023 in General questions

deactivate does not work

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

If your license is correctly activated ((☰) Hamburger menu About TeamViewer Business license, you should be redirected to the TeamViewer Support Portal where you can submit a ticket.

If this is not the case, then you can also call us directly: Call customer support

Our team will be happy to assist you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @gacape2018,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the TeamViewer Community.

May I ask you to be a bit more specific with your question to allow others to assist you?

What deactivation does not work? Do you get an error message? Where are you trying to deactivate something?

Maybe this article can help you as well: How to get the best out of our Community

Thanks and all the best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @gacape2018

Thanks for the screenshot.

In this case you will need to give our Customer support team a call.

They can assist you in this case.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• gacape2018
    gacape2018 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

No license moves left DEACTIVE DEVICE

• Hi,

I ran in to the same issue. But unfortunately I cannot deactivate a machine, when I try to deactivate a machine I get an error: 
    Invalid subscription ID. View your subscription URL.

Any idea?

• All I did was a windows update and now I can't log into teamviewer on that device. Seriously?

• Sasans
    Sasans Posts: 1

I am trying to deactivate one of three Teamviewer installations on our Business account. I get "Error: no license moves left".Can you please help.

• I have no more license moves left on my business account. I have just replaced one of our computers and need to remove the old one but I have no moves left.

When does the number of moves counter get reset?

Can anyone please help

Regards

Stuart - BorderComputers

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @BorderComputers,

Thank you for your post😊

We are unable to affect or provide direct support in licensing issues here in the community, for security purposes. 

Therefore, please kindly contact our support team so they will assist you further.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • DotScott1
    DotScott1 Posts: 1

This is pretty ridiculous, guys. A move limit on the software I pay for? I had to send my laptop in for repairs so I transferred my license to an older computer so I could keep working (it's an extremely slow computer though). Got my laptop back and now am being halted from doing my work properly on my laptop (much faster than my old computer) because of this silly "move limit". Opened a ticket for it earlier yesterday but still no response/resolution and I'm supposed to be working. Again... this is ridiculous. Let us move the licenses we pay for. Sometimes we upgrade computers, update or reset windows, etc. and some of us can't afford to be halted like this because of a "move limit". I'm already looking into alternatives to TeamViewer because of this...

• Voice_Power_NZ
    Voice_Power_NZ Posts: 0

Your an IT company - A move limit on the software licenses? How often do people have to rebuild their workstations, how often does a new Windows upgrade cause issues or a rest of windows?

After years of using Teamveiwer in different organisations and now 5 in my own I am considering alternatives to TeamViewer after a Windows 10 update has caused one of my TV activations to be used and I can't move this activation to the same machine - sigh.

• NicolayA
    NicolayA Posts: 1

good day, i have the same issue. how can this be resolved?

• IMOT
    IMOT Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

I have several computers registered in the TeamViewer Management Console that no longer exist. I need to remove these devices in order to activate the license on a new computer. I have read thru several forums, but none have helped. I have entered the Management Console and removed my device from Trusted Devices, but continue to receive a message saying I have don't have any licenses left. How can I add a new device?

• Gurchain
    Gurchain Posts: 1

Hi,

I just had an issue with License moves. I upgrade my computer to Windows 11 and when I tried signing in to TeamViewer I got a message that I had used up all my three licenses and would have to de-activate one of my computers. I could see my computer on the list so I did not understand why I had to de-activate it. I talked to Tech Support and was told that because of the Major Upgrade my TeamViewer ID had changed. So I would have to de-activate the license and then register again even though the Computer Name was the same i.e. the original name. She told me that this was how the system worked. I told her that it was wrong because I was not moving to a different computer. So I believe this is a flaw in their license moves and it should be fixed. Any person should not lose a License move on the same computer.

• frankdenmark
    frankdenmark Posts: 1

I am getting "No license moves left" ...

help ??

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,205 Moderator

Hi @frankdenmark,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for reaching out to us✨

It seems you have a Business license and referring to the 10 times activation moves.

*In case you are not sure what I'm mentioning, please check more information from here: Activate your Business license

If you confirmed the above is correct, please kindly contact our customer support team.

☎ Make a call

It is required to confirm your invoice number or order number for phone support, please prepare the information beforehand.

📩 Submit a support ticket

Please tell me your license type, If I misunderstand your situation. So that I may guide you better😊

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• MediiaNV
    MediiaNV Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, we have a TeamViewer license and got message - no moves left.

Can someone please help? Thanks

• JeanK

Hello @MediiaNV,

Congrats on your first post!

This means that you have used all your Business license activation moves.

We explain how the moves work here: 📄 Activation Management

You can contact our customer support to they can reset your moves.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• MediiaNV
    MediiaNV Posts: 2 ✭✭

I get redirected to a blog post automatically. I have a business license which is already active. How can I submit a ticket?

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

If your license is correctly activated ((☰) Hamburger menu About TeamViewer Business license, you should be redirected to the TeamViewer Support Portal where you can submit a ticket.

If this is not the case, then you can also call us directly: Call customer support

Our team will be happy to assist you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• drudaypatel
    drudaypatel Posts: 1

Important to know more about how moves count. Someone from support team told me that "The moves are counted when there are different TeamViewer ID's. Each TeamViewer ID is attached to the MAC address of the device".

But fact is even if you reinstall your Win 11 on same device-laptop, and install TV, it shows different ID, but same old MAC id. And it called as move. Which is ridiculous.

DO someone have similar experience and suggestions.

• I need to reset my move count, as I am unable to remove devices

• Hey

I got a new work PC at home, and I need to get a license onto it. It says that I have no license move left.

/Carsten S Madsen

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 970 Moderator

Hi @auningtransport,

We're happy to read your first post in our Community! 🙌

If you don't have any moves left, you need to contact our customer support to explain the case and get your moves to reset. 🙂

You can either contact them via:

• Phone - you can find the local phone numbers here.
    • Ticket - you can log in to our Support Portal with your credentials and open a ticket.

We wish you a nice day,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• KpfrJy
    KpfrJy Posts: 3 ✭✭

This is really hard to find the answer too.. I have the same issue. They tell me to upgrade, but I'm not even really using the 3 computers!

• Amiera
    Amiera Posts: 1

I have this problem how to solve it??