Session Code

AlbertoC
AlbertoC Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in General questions

Goodmonring folks,

i have a question about session code.

Until now we do not have create a session, for connect our computer to another but simply start a connection.

So the question is, what is a session?

In which case i should need this?

Best Regards

Alberto C.

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @AlbertoC

a session is a reservation. 

A way to provide a subject to whom you want to provide assistance a quick way to start a connection via TeamViewer.

With a session you physically get two links: one for you and one for your interlocutor. Each link is able to call the local TeamViewer client, if present, or to download a temporary version from the manufacturer's servers and to start the session with the specific interlocutor. When both parties have each activated their link, the connection begins.

I would use the session for extemporaneous connections, with interlocutors that do not have a TeamViewer client installed or the Host version provided by me. I would say that its usefulness is that it is a simple link.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Thanks @DomLan,

do you know if i can export custom fields without inizialise a session (without a session code)?

Best Regards

Alberto C.

• DomLan

Hi @AlbertoC

I'm sorry. I did not understand the request.
    If you show me the scenario you want to reproduce, I can try to examine it. 

Regards

Domenico Langone

• Yes you are right.

We had added a custom field on the device.

By api  we would like to export that value , but seems that this possibilty is reserved only for api of connection and session and there is not allowed for device's api.

And at the same time i don't understand why we should open a session to export that data instead of usng a normal connection.

Best Regards

Alberto C.

• mpiatek
    mpiatek Posts: 2

How to call TeamViewer (if present locally) with seesion code from our custom desktop application ?

The solution with links is great for web apps. We need the same for desktop.

• mpiatek
    mpiatek Posts: 2

Any help? :)

• DomLan

Hi @mpiatek 

From the desktop perspective the mechanism should not change: if you start a task that is a url instead of a classic executable, your client should start your reference browser and call that specific uri.

The server response is in fact an extension intercepted by the local TeamViewer which then executes what is transmitted in the downloaded file, which should contain the commands to execute the connection on the specific session... starting from your local TV client.

I hope...If it were not so, let me know.

Regards.

Domenico Langone