TEAMVIEWER 13 host setup wizard ended prematurely

Frederic
Frederic Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I try to install my customed TeamViewer through msi package but when i execute TeamViewer_Host.msi i have the following error :

"TEAMVIEWER 13 host setup wizard ended prematurely"
Teamviewer 13 Host Setup Wizard ended premarturely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

I can't found any log file? Any idea?

Comments

• Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.

Please help

• Kcrow
    Kcrow Posts: 4 ✭✭

I can confirm that this also happens with a customized version 13.2.14327C but it does NOT happen with version 13.0.5640 so if you have an older customized version, try that.

• Ok thanks for your respond but I've just purchased teamViewer so I'have no older version..

Have you another solution.

• Kcrow

Try installing the .exe version and see if that works. If you create a custom module, it generates a permanent link for you to download the TeamviewerHost.Exe 

Bottom Left, click Download Deployment PackageBottom Left, click Download Deployment Package

• thanks for your respond !

Yes it's work like this but I prepare a big deployment and I need a MSI format.

Is that possible to extract a MSI installer from Exe ?

• Kcrow

I don't believe so. I believe it's the other way around. The .msi includes the exe. If you continue to have problems with the .msi you could give support a call and see if they have any idea. Ever since the Summer Release, I too have had nothing but problems deploying the .msi version as well. 

• OK thank you for your help

• Hi,

I found the solution :
    The windows firewall service must be running to perform MSI host installation v13

• DEI
    DEI Posts: 2
    Perfect, that's the solution. Also with the version 14.
  • This resolved my issue as well. Unfortunately we sit within a closed off healthcare internal network with it disabled for application reasons. We'll just have to sit as is for now with version 13 instead of going to 14 enabling the firewall on some of these machines just isn't possible right now. Anyway TMI! Thanks for sharing your resolution!