TeamViewer Host 13 and Windows 2012 R2 Server Login Problem

bluedepth
bluedepth Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have two Windows 2012 R2 Servers, I upgraded TeamViewer Host to the latest version on both of them. What I was after was the ability to click on my server names and immediately see the console interface for both servers, logged into "Administrator" account, the same way I do it with RDP. 

When I attempt to use TeamViewer to access my servers, I get put at the C-A-D welcome screen, where I have to type in the Administrator accounts passwords for both servers. I have ripped out and reinstalled TeamViewer Host, I have tried to set "Make connections easier..." and I have written down the alternate TeamViewer Host ID which the flavor text in the TeamViewer Host application states should log me directly into my Administrator account. I created special remote computer entries "Servername - Admin" with the special TeamViewer ID, and try to connect. TeamViewer responds when I attempt to connect but does not progress beyond "Initializing Display Parameters" and that's it. End of show. So I went to other TV Community posts about that error and some folks say that you need to connect to your Host using the ID that leads you to the C-A-D screen, so I did that, and then my "Servername - Admin" special TeamViewer ID is listed as offline after that, unreachable.

I've been able to get back to my servers using RDP, no matter what, so I can simply just use RDP and ignore TeamViewer altogether, but this smells like a bug. There was also a little bit of a wrestling match with TeamViewer Host, at least on one server that acted petulant about "This is the FREE version and so, can only work for five minutes", which led me to the rip-out-and-reinstall of the TeamViewer Host, which seems to have resolved that issue. 

Playing the cup-game with TeamViewer has pretty much blown out my entire afternoon. There is also a multimonitor bug in TV13 between a Windows 7 QS host and a Mac guest, but that's a wholly different headache and regret about TV13, perhaps some other post for that, assuming I could ever replicate it.