Teamview 13 stops working

DivMar
DivMar Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions
Can't get Teamview 13 to openAs soon as I begin I get a pop-up box "TeamView 13 has stopped working" with the typical sending info to Microsoft blah blah    Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• kmg
    kmg Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yep, I get the same thing on Windows 7 and Windows XP clients PC.More so on WinXP PCs.  I called tech support yesterday. They told me there was a bug with Teamviewer 13.1.1548 and that it would not be fixed until the next minor release. I asked them how long and got no answer.

I will probably call them and open a ticket or case.

• DivMar

Sorry to hear I'm not alone

Pls keep me in mind if they respond with a patch

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thank you for your contribution. Can you please explain the issue with more details? When exactly is the crash and what is the error message?

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • kmg

Hi Julia,

Sure, I will be glad to give you details and photos. However, I am planning to call tech support. Can I reach you there maybe and you help me??  I find it hard to put photos on this thread forum page. So in a nutshell, I am having problems with the newest update to Teamviewer 13. Version 13.1.1548 and just like DivMar. I am getting error messages on Windows XP and Windows 7 client PCs. I have had 6 XP clients with this message, "Teamviewer_Service.exe has crashed and needs to close. Send error report to microsoft". You click ok and TV (Teamviewer)software is terminated. I do not see this while I remote into the WinXP Clients. I can only see that if I am at the PC physically or if I remote in via Windows Remote Desktop. No for the Windows 7, I have had just one crash. The message is about the same, it saying "Teamviewer has stopped working and will close. I pulled up the details pane and it shows the 13.1.1548 version. I talked with tech support at Teamviewer on Wednesday afternoon and they said there was a bug on 13.1.1548 version and others have called about it. They said that I would need to try a few things and I have. They really did not work. So I uninstalled version 13.1.1548 and went back to TV 13.0.5640 version for my WinXP clients for now.  They are running good with it.  I think the roll out of Version 13.1.1548 Spring Release has a bug on the deploy or installation of it causing the Teamviewer_Service.exe to crash when it restarts the Teamviewer software. Could this happen? Hope this helps. Thanks.

• DivMar

Hi Julia  Using Win7 Home Premium 64-bit  Chrome browser   As kmg stated...mine is similar in that after I initiate login and attempt to Connect I get two popups:  "TeamViewer has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem".  That closes and then I get "TeamViewer has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"  Well of course that never happens.    

I have another desktop with Win8.1 running 13 with no problems

Any and all input is greatly appreciated

• sebastianrumia
    sebastianrumia Posts: 4 ✭✭

Windows XP - simple during running team viewer or system. When teamviewer service or program is running - they crash. Screen is something like this.image

• tsitsi
    tsitsi Posts: 3

Hello there

It's the same for MacOS but not on every machine.

Al my Computers have the latest MacOS version.

My two older iMac cant start TV anymore since the last update, works fine if I go back to the older version with TimeMachine.

Strangely TV is working fine on my MAcBook Pro Retina.

Hope gladly there willbe a fix verry soon!

• ZoretMan
    ZoretMan Posts: 2

it would be great if someone post a link to download previous v13 version (13.0.6447) for windows

• kmg

ZoretMan,

Here is the link for previous versions on Teamviewer.com

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

But it only has Version 12.x and not TV 13-Versions 13.0.6447 or 13.05640. You may have to go here:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/changelog/

But, nevermind. They show just the changes for previous and newest version. Teamviewer people ought to put the TV13 previous version downloads here in the future. Then, we can revert back to them.  TV 12.x is really too far back. Thanks.

• MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010). 2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 8 ГБ 1067 MHz DDR3. NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 МБ

After the update, the application does not open. The system does not give any errors, simply the application does not open. I rebooted the system several times and reinstalled the application two times. There is no result.

• tsitsi

You have to downgrade with your TM backup and turn off the automatic update function on TV at least for the moment till the bug ist fixed.

• Thanks for the quick response! I downloaded the previous version. The application is working.

• TB10
    TB10 Posts: 4

Does anyone have a link or the download that they can send me to the version of 13.x that does work with Windows XP? 

I can only see Version 12. 

I'm dead in the water! 

Thanks

• 4cminds
    4cminds Posts: 1

Me too, it is the same problem!!!

When click to run teamviewer doesn't happen nothing, not even a message.

MacBook pro High Sierra 10.13.3

• tsitsi
    The workaround for the moment ist to downgrade to a previous version of TV. Either by doing it with your TimeMachine backup or by choosing the link on the posts further up. Both way work well. Don’t. Forget to turn off the automatic upgrade function in TV till the bug is fixed.
  • Julia

Hi all,

We are still looking into this issue on Windows.

If you encounter the problem on Mac, please look at this post:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-13/TV13-Quit-Unexpectedly-on-OSX/m-p/31849#M1089

I already posted the download link for a previous Mac version and will keep you updated in the other thread.

I will also keep you upated here for the issue with Windows. If you want to use the latest 13 on XP you would need to install the IPv6 module as there is an issue with a library that calls to that module that is causing the crash when you have incoming LAN connections set to accept. 

Cheers,

Julia
  • Julia

Hi all,

short update: the fix for Mac is online. Please update your TeamViewer.

Julia
  • ZoretMan
    ZoretMan Posts: 2

how can i install the ipv6 module? the teamviewer installer only offers me vpn and outlook meeting plugin

• DivMar

Hi Julia  Well I'm back to Not Working like when I started this thread  Can't get Teamview 13 to openAs soon as I begin I get a pop-up box "TeamView 13 has stopped working" with the typical sending info to Microsoft blah blah    Any help is greatly appreciated

Using Win7 Home Premium 64-bit  Chrome browser  

• Taylor
    Taylor Posts: 1

Go to an administrator command prompt and type  "ipv6 install"  with no quotes, on Windows XP to fix teamviewer 13.1

I had a teamviewer rep basically tell me XP is "not supported" but if it installs and works that its a plus...

• Wow! This worked! Thanks!