Teamviewer 13 (13.0.6447) will not start with Windows 10

themole3001
themole3001 Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I run Windows 10 on a headless HP Gen8 Microserver.

I have Teamviewer 13 (13.0.6447) installed, I have setup Unattended Access, I have ticked the Start With Windows box, I have copied the shortcut to the Startup Menu... and it WILL NOT start with Windows.

The application runs fine if manually started, but this is no good given the server is headless, I really can't be doing with hooking it up to the television every time Windows has updated and restarted, just so I can get an application running again. 

This has been a persistent problem for months (and through several versions of TeamViewer). It was working fine, then one day it just stopped and hasn't worked since. It's incredibly frustrating.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• Did you try to reinstall it? It works for me after last win update
  • Yes, no difference. I completely removed it, reinstalled with the above setup, still isn't starting on boot.
  • Anyone have any ideas on how I can make this software behave as it's supposed to, or else suggest an alternative software which will start with Windows?
  • mattj-rfc
    mattj-rfc Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. Has anyone figured it out yet? 

• I have exactly the same issue on a Dell Latitude E5570. I am willing for TeamViewer support to access my machine to fix the problem. 

• Mairu
    Mairu Posts: 11

Same problem for me too.

HP Microserver N54L

Build 13.1.1548

• duggan59
    duggan59 Posts: 3

I am experiencing the same issue with Version 13.1.1548. I have to physically Open TV on the Remote system and THEN I can access it remotely.

Did yiou ever get a solution?

Eddie

• Same problem, tried uninstall/reinstall, tried different settings in firewall, nothing works.  TV used to start with Windows OK, now not.  Submitted feedback to TV a couple of times during uninstall, no response there of course.  May have to use alternative.

• Administrative rights! Thats why "Start TeamViewer with windows" is not showing. The solution is to Run as administrator.

• facing the same issue.

• emahuni
    emahuni Posts: 1

It seems like Microsoft has in issue with timing services. You need to do this for you to workaround their issues with timing, when I figured this out it put an end to hours of trial and error for other critical services and Teamviewer ofcoz. 

Press "win key + R" then type "services.msc". It should open the services manager. Now find Teamviewer from the list and set the service to start "Automatic(delayed start)" instead of  just "Automatic". This will cause the Teamviewer service to be started a little bit later, maybe 2 or even 5 mins later, but it will start. This works for any version of windows even server.

Reboot your machine to make sure this works, don't log in just wait for a few minutes and observe from the supposedly remote machine to see if Teamviewer started successfully.

I think Teamviewer developers need to change the default setting to "Automatic(delayed start)" when creating the service so that future versions don't suffer this issue.