Teamviewer frozen on server

DCWolfie
DCWolfie Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

So I got a Mac Mini with MacOS 10.14 and Teamviwer 13.2.14328 where the software has frozen on server side (what I at least belive).

The unit shows up as Offline, but I can press "Wake up", a little later it says the computer is online. If I then reconnect the screen is frozen at 05.40 am. I can connect to the server within other applications I'm running on it, so the OS in itself is not frozen. After a minute or so, or if i try to do any actions (File transfer, Actions, Extras, etc...), it says "The connection has been lost" and it tries to reconnect. When it does this I get a timeout and the computer is now Offline again. I can repeat the prosess with the same results.

I've experienced this two times before, but at this time I had access to the unit and just did a restart. Now I'm 500km away, and does not have this ability.

What do I do?

Comments

• @DCWolfie wrote:

So I got a Mac Mini with MacOS 10.14 and Teamviwer 13.2.14328 where the software has frozen on server side (what I at least belive).

The unit shows up as Offline, but I can press "Wake up", a little later it says the computer is online. If I then reconnect the screen is frozen at 05.40 am. I can connect to the server within other applications I'm running on it, so the OS in itself is not frozen. After a minute or so, or if i try to do any actions (File transfer, Actions, Extras, etc...), it says "The connection has been lost" and it tries to reconnect. When it does this I get a timeout and the computer is now Offline again. I can repeat the prosess with the same results.

I've experienced this two times before, but at this time I had access to the unit and just did a restart. Now I'm 500km away, and does not have this ability.

What do I do?

Facing the same issue. What is wrong? I need help with this immediately.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Brian.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi there, 

Thanks for your posts.

If you have the possibility, can you please try it with version 14 on both sides? 

Please make sure, that you are in front of the remote PC, that you are able to intervene if something goes wrong.

Hope this could help. Please contact us again, if you have any further questions :) 

Best, Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Thanks for using one month to answer.

"If you have the possibility, can you please try it with version 14 on both sides? "
    Yes, I had version 14 on both ends.

"Please make sure, that you are in front of the remote PC, that you are able to intervene if something goes wrong."
    This completly removes the intention of TeamViewer. If i need to be next to the computer I want to remote control, I don't need a software to remote control my computer. Hense, TeamViewer would be useless.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @DCWolfie,

Thank you for your answer. 

I just mentioned the "Please make sure, that you are in front of the remote PC, that you are able to intervene if something goes wrong." , because you are not able to uninstall v14 and reinstall v13 via a remote session. 

Please let me know if it works with v14. Thank you and all the best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• I've tried with both. Same unstability. I just uninstalled the whole thing and found another, and better, solution.

If anyone else is wondering, I'd recomend **Third Party Product**. Not one problem the last month with daily usage over multiple computers. 

• Wow, did you just censor my post?