Two versions of teamviewer, one licensed, one for private use v.10/v.13

erlingen
erlingen Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I have a business licensed Teamviewer version 10 installed on my work computer. I also use Teamviewer to reach my home computer, and the version at home is 13. I experienced in the past that installing a newer version than 10 on my work computer would "corrupt" the business license. Is it possible to run the 13 version with "one time use" while I have the 10 version installed with license? I don't dare to try before asking, since it was a huge ordeal in my past experience of installing a newer version.

Comments

• erlingen
    erlingen Posts: 2

Really? We paid for the product and do not even get a reply to the post?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @erlingen

The Community is a user-driven community – the majority of posts and solutions are therefore created by users, not by TeamViewer staff. As a licensed user, you also have access to phone support, as well as email support via our ticket system. I would recommend using our support page to either call our support team, or submit a ticket directly in the future!

In regards to your original question, it would not be possible to have both versions (10 and 13) installed on the same machine; only one instance of the application can be installed on any given computer. 

If possible, I would recommend downgrading the device at home to version 10 so you may connect without having to upgrade. As you are licensed for version 10, this would ensure you are able to utilize all services you pay for, and do not need to upgrade and downgrade continuously. Version 10 can be found on our Previous Versions page.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---