Unattended access with full access still requires user permission

Parkie
Parkie Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello all,

I have started to get this issue where my personal PC at home is requiring permission to remote control. I hadn't changed any settings on the TeamViewer, but I may have updated the client, but I have never had to do this in the past and it is now making it near impossible for me to connect to my current logged on session.

I have double checked that unattended access is configured, which it is and I have double checked the client advanced settings is set to 'full access', which it is. I have also uninstalled the client with the remove settings option selected, then downloaded the newest stable release and reconfigured everything etc. But it still is requiring the logged on user to grant control. Is this a new "feature"? Any thoughts on what I can change to have complete unattended access even with a user, ie. me, logged on?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you Jean. Everything is working again now.

• Longbow1
    Longbow1 Posts: 1

I am having this same problem all of a sudden after some Windows updates. I can no longer remotely access my other computers on my home network without TeamViewer wanting a partner confirmation from the remote computer! I've read and applied all the steps suggested in your paper on this subject, but I still have the same problem! Please help.

• Same issue. Bumping for answers

• lmpw
    lmpw Posts: 3

I doesn`t work. The same issue. Bumping for answers even after applied all the steps suggested in your paper on this subject. Please help. For now,  with this issue, TeamViewer is almost useless!

• dino_hsu_1019
    dino_hsu_1019 Posts: 8 ✭✭

I am seeing a similar issue (Easy Access suddently doesn't work on the outgoing Windows 10, but it still works on another outgoing Windows 7), I am trying different options, furthermore, Windows 10 is under a major upgrade (2004) right now, I will update status later. 

• wordupmag
    wordupmag Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

Same here. Does not work in 2021. Applied all the rules and still does not work.

• nomad247
    nomad247 Posts: 12 ✭✭

I also have this issue, with my tower, I do have remote access using my cell phone but more difficult to use. I often assist a visually impaired combat disabled Vietnam veteran who CANNOT USE THE MOUSE BECAUSE HE NO LONGER CAN SEE THE MOUSE. This change has made teamviewer nothing more than remote viewer, thus useless.

I too followed these steps to no avail. Please advise. We have been trying ti fix this for 2 hours, just today, and cannot correct it. Thisd is strictly for personal use. I only help disabled veterans WHO PAID IN FULL, WITH THEIR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE. NO MONEY IS PAID TO ME EVER!

Janelle Wolves
  • nomad247
    nomad247 Posts: 12 ✭✭

OH running windows 10 pro 20H2, always worked in the past, today, worked via teamviewer for android, Worked with another windows 10 home PC, but this one, it does not do more then viewing remote PC. Jjust checked that remote PC for updates and is current . My tower is also current. Will mention, that my teamveiwer required updates but failed to update 3 times. I had to download and installed latest version.

Janelle Wolves
  • mijon1
    mijon1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Here it is, July 30, 2021 and I am suddenly having the same problem, yet nowhere are there any answers…what is going on? Happened out of the blue. I use an iPad Pro and iPhone 7 to connect to my office PC when at home or traveling and have not had any issues since first setting it up a few years ago. First noticed the connection from the iPad was getting “rejected” and couldn’t figure out why. I finally brought the iPad to the office and found that the office computer was waiting for local user intervention and timed out (rejected) the attempt to connect. I rebooted, reinstalled the app on the iPad and re-downloaded the app on the PC (Win10Pro) and set it up exactly as before and still same issue. Anyone find a solution to this yet? Thank you in advance!!

• DSJK
    DSJK Posts: 4 ✭✭

Happening to me also. Please fix! My company has a premium license and paid thousands for it.

• bollbich
    bollbich Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

I found myself in the same situation, in my case I solved it by uninstalling TeamViewer, updating Windows and reinstalling TeamViewer.

My windows was without an update necessary for the correct functioning of TeamViewer.

(Translated with online translation tool)

• Pandacoot
    Pandacoot Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm now having issues, everything was working perfectly until the guest pc had a windows update, now I have to allow remote control AND TeamViewer control. This is highly annoying as I use this to connect to a computer in a very inaccessible location.

All settings setup properly, no settings changed after update (except to try and FIX the issue).

Please get on top of this

• radityoardi
    radityoardi Posts: 1

Aside from the "not-so-helpful" guide by Community Manager above, I now understood that there is NEW settings introduced in TeamViewer that disallow us to connect despite Advanced Settings says Full Control. Recently I have found out that there are 2 similar settings, "Advanced Settings for connections to this computer" and "Advanced Settings for connections to other computers". I'm not sure when, but it's just recently introduced.

So, despite your remote computer "Advanced Settings for connections to this computer" is set to "Full Control", it does not mean you'll get full control. It depends on the source connecting computer, whether the setting is the same.

In your source connecting computer, the default for "Advanced Settings for connections to other computers" is "View and Show", which is why I was scratching my head about where does this issue come from.

Firstly, make sure both source and destination computer TV are updated to the latest one. Source computer "Advanced Settings for connections to other computers" set to "Full Control", and Remote (destination) computer "Advanced Settings for connections to this computer" must also set to "Full Control".

Hope this helps.

• antda
    antda Posts: 1

thanks alot, solved my issue!

• I am in 2023 and are having this same issue.

One of our OPs did a windows update(I am told) now she cannot gain access unless the destination PC is logged in.

I have checked the Full Control permissions on both machines.

I have uninstalled and removed all saved setting and redownloaded a fresh copy with no luck same issue.

We have a fully paid for service and would love some answers on this one