"free License after Upgrade to teamviewer 13

DavidBar
DavidBar Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Ever since I upgraded to team viewer 13 my license is gone. This has happend to all of my team that completed the updgrade. How can I relink it to my license. I tried the Activate license button that just takes me to the managment console. they all say trial version now and has already kicked one of my team off.

Comments

• I have the same experience: "About" tells me that it is a trial and that it will exire in 4 days (yesterday it said 5).

Nonetheless it seems that it accepts "business use" when I'm logged in.

I'm quite new to TV so I'm not sure what will happen in 4 days. But it bugs me that the program says "trial" taking into account the amount I paid for a Corporate license...

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

In this case, it would be best to contact our support team as this can vary depending on your licence.

However under help > About, this is showing how the licence is applied to your device. ie. whether it is being applied to your TeamViewer ID or from your account.

Most licenses are account based and so apply only when you have logged in with your TeamViewer account.

Under "Help" > "About" you will see
    License: Free/Trial Expired
    Account License: Corporate/Premium

Only one of these fields needs to show a license, this is only showing the way the license has been applied (Account or device) and one of these displaying as "Free" is expected behavior.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Tech support had me uninstall V13 and reinstall V12.  It fixed the problem.  Here is the link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/?_ga=2.147191925.31949290.1513000695-1705304124.1504195685

• I have the same problem since last Friday,

already sent 2 requests to support, no answer....

Teamviewer support can not be caught in Greece (more than 10 attemps !!!)

Very disappointing !!!

• It locked out my teammember after the trial period

• If you didn't buy a new license for Teamviewer 13 you have to stay on or go back to version 12 or which ever version you bought a license for,  or buy a new license for 13.

• Hi Scotty,

I contacted you support. After 6 days I got a useless answer.

Now waiting for the next iteration...

I have a newly purchased corporate TV13 license, but on system restart I get the errror "Your trial period has expired - Please buy a license) 

That really bugs me when I look at how much money I paid !!! 

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi jenkja,

I am sorry for the poor response.

I have discussed this with one of support staff in Germany who will be in touch.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?

• @Scotty wrote:

Hi jenkja,

I am sorry for the poor response.

I have discussed this with one of support staff in Germany who will be in touch.

-Scotty

Hi Scotty,

Thanks, yes I received a phone call early this morning and when I started my laptop in the office the issue was fixed.
    According to TV Support something was changed at your back end systems. 
    Being new to TV (as a paying user) I found this quite hassling. Very unlike the private/free use of your product.
    If you do this to all paying customers...

Thanks for your quick response.
    Br,
    Jens K