remote control troubles after updating to v13.2.5321

PTCruiser
PTCruiser Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am new to this community board stuff, so I apologize if I misstep.

I own 3 iMacs and 1 Mac Laptop. The iMacs have all been updated to Teamviewer v13.2.5321. The Laptop is still running v12. Immediately after upgrading the iMacs, I experienced a remote control problem. The actual connection goes off without a hitch. I can see Apple's initial username/password screen. The problem arises when I try to grab focus of the username command box...nothing. Both the remote mouse and the local mouse move around where I direct them, but I have no ability to key in any data. Mouse clicks do nothing. Is the remote iMac  locked up but not froze? Neither the keyboard nor the mouse has any affect on the remote screen. It is the same story for the 2nd remote iMac. I'm a bit frustrated, to say the least. Teamviewer is a very nice and up until now, was easy to use. I would like to uninstall this version and re-install v12. Where can I get a copy of Teamviewer v12?

Alan Blair

Comments

• Vmax28
    Vmax28 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Same problem here having the Mac as host. Didn’t have this problem on previous Ver. 13
  • Also having the same issue with Mac as host, also just recently started. Did try reinstalling the Host, including removing configuration data when I uninstalled it the first time. No luck. Did they perhaps start discontinuing support for older versions of Mac OS? (Still on Sierra due to a compatibility issue.)
  • Vmax28
    Vmax28 Posts: 14 ✭✭

I’m on High Sierra and have the same problem. Reinstalling the host doesn’t fix it.

• PTCruiser
    PTCruiser Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I have closed that office thereby doing away with the need for a TeamViewer-like program. I will, however, keep up with their future upgrades.
    Alan Blair
  • Thanks and good info, Vmax28. Glad to know it isn't that, at least.

We'll see if the next release fixes this. In the meantime, found an earlier version of 13 I'd downloaded a few months back, removed the current version, and installed that older version. Works like a champ. Turned off auto-updating for now. Let's hope this gets fixed soon.