14.0.8346 Beta Memory Leak

whalebuy
whalebuy Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Experiencing a memory leaking in Teamviewer remote client on a Mac OS running Majoave Version 10.14.  It is consistently requiring a "Force Quit" as it completely tanks my Mac Book Pro available memory.  Anyone else running into this? 

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• I've the same problem. Teamviewer 14 is not usable because of using all memory.

• Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Same here. First I've noticed huge freezes while using program. Then all my applications started to close each by other. After I opened Activity Monitor I was shocked...

• ndit
    ndit Posts: 9 ✭✭

Same here

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - I forwarded it to our development and we are working on it.

I will keep you updated!

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • whalebuy
    whalebuy Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks nickola. That really illustrates it!  My memory usage is similar.  In order to use the product - which I'm more or less coerced into even in the Beta with the "your partner is using a later version" - since they always update unknowningly - I have to force quit every 15 minutes.  Additionally, the latency when typing reminds me of the 1440 baud modems of '80s.

Teamviewer staff:  Would be great if you didn't "suggest updates" for users to BETA versions.  I'm paying you a lot of money annually for a product that works.  Not to do your testing. 

• Same here. I can use TV only a few minutes :(

The connection is very laggy (although we have 100/100Mbits), sometimes it crashes completly.

When is an update avalible? 

• CDT
    CDT Posts: 3 ✭✭

Ditto - unusable even on high spec MBP..... should we uninstall and revert to v13?

• yeah. same hare. high end CTO imac but since I upgraded to this preview, remote work became a burdain. can't work at all (laggy connection, laggy app response, it even lags other apps as well). i'm also on Mojave. 

Screenshot 2018-11-03 19.24.52.png