Posted by tobiascapin
Henagon

Black or freezed screen with Ubuntu 18.04 and TV14

I installed TV 14.0.12762 for linux (DEB) and I installd it to Ubuntu Desktop 18.04LTS.

When I try to connect to this machine with a Windows client I got black screen. I read somewhere to try to enable lightdm instead of gmd3. I tried this and I also disabled Wayland

WaylandEnable=false

Now with lightdm I can see the login screen, but after login, the screen freezes with lock screen background and stays here..

This is the only log error found:

GuiWindowCheckLin::CheckForValidGUIWindows: n(10485798) !IsViewable, m(10485798)  count 1, Errorcode=11
4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by tobiascapin
Henagon

Re: Black or freezed screen with Ubuntu 18.04 and TV14

The problem is solved if there is a phisical screen connected, without it I got black screen.

Posted by Fyro
Photon

I have a very similiar problem where my remote screen is dang near impossible to use. I have generated a screen shot showing how ugly it all looks. But when I have my monitor activated, it works just fine. Kind of defeats the purpose of my remote pc to have a monitor.

Mind you, those are not duplicated windows... 

Posted by BingoBango54
Photon

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy. I find that the system accepts key strokes and mouse clicks but the video freezes. If I close and reopen I can see the result of my clicks. I have a monitor it works ( which I do) but it doesn't wake unless physical input is made by the physical keyboard. Very strange.
Posted by bryant
Photon

Install Unity and remove GNOME. This will fix everything.