Announcements

QuickSupport - Google Play
Currently, we are aware that our QuickSupport application may no longer be found in the Google Play Store.
We are investigating this and will update with more information once available.

The QuickSupport app download is still available on our download page.

Posted by tobiascapin
Henagon

Black or freezed screen with Ubuntu 18.04 and TV14

I installed TV 14.0.12762 for linux (DEB) and I installd it to Ubuntu Desktop 18.04LTS.

When I try to connect to this machine with a Windows client I got black screen. I read somewhere to try to enable lightdm instead of gmd3. I tried this and I also disabled Wayland

WaylandEnable=false

Now with lightdm I can see the login screen, but after login, the screen freezes with lock screen background and stays here..

This is the only log error found:

GuiWindowCheckLin::CheckForValidGUIWindows: n(10485798) !IsViewable, m(10485798)  count 1, Errorcode=11
4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by tobiascapin
Henagon

Re: Black or freezed screen with Ubuntu 18.04 and TV14

The problem is solved if there is a phisical screen connected, without it I got black screen.

Posted by Fyro
Photon

I have a very similiar problem where my remote screen is dang near impossible to use. I have generated a screen shot showing how ugly it all looks. But when I have my monitor activated, it works just fine. Kind of defeats the purpose of my remote pc to have a monitor.

Mind you, those are not duplicated windows... 

Posted by BingoBango54
Photon

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy. I find that the system accepts key strokes and mouse clicks but the video freezes. If I close and reopen I can see the result of my clicks. I have a monitor it works ( which I do) but it doesn't wake unless physical input is made by the physical keyboard. Very strange.
Posted by bryant
Electron

Install Unity and remove GNOME. This will fix everything.