Compatibility with older versions

Melmer
Melmer Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I switched to teamviewer 14 today, but my client still has version 13. I was able to connect, but I was unable to gain control over the computer despite full rights. is there a compatibility problem down from 14 to 13 or lower?

Regards

Helmut

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• itsgovindu
    itsgovindu Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠

Hello,

Teamviewer 14 supports backward compatibility. That means Teamviewer 14 device can take the remote control of lesser version.

You can verify access control on both the machines.

TeamViewer à Extrasà Options à Advancedà Advanced settings for connections to this computer

Also

TeamViewer à Extrasà Options à Advancedà Advanced settings for connections to other computer

That should work.

• Hello,
    we use TV for meetings. Some test clients currently use version 14. If the presenter is running the meeting with version 14, only members with version 14 can join.

Gruß
    Christian

• Melmer

At the moment I can not connect to any computer anymore because a confirmation is requested for all. Also all VPN connections are deactivated!
    I think I will go back to the 13.

• Melmer
    In the last minutes an update came that I did immediately. V14.0.13488 Now teamviewer does not even connect to the internet!
  • Is this a version problem or again a TeamViewer general problem?
    Is there already a statement from the support? We are currently rolling out this version on 4.800 clients!!!

Greeting
  • Melmer

It's definitely a version problem since 13 works and 14 beta too. At the first release at least the internet connection still works but not even after the first update. I tested it with myself and my colleague!

• Backward compatibility is gone from TeamViewer since July 2019. R I P !

• emh
    emh Posts: 1

Hallo,

I need a remote control by another persono who use TW12 whereas on mi CentoSO7 i use TW14. He cannot connect. what could I do?

Thank you!

@itsgovindu wrote:

Hello,

Teamviewer 14 supports backward compatibility. That means Teamviewer 14 device can take the remote control of lesser version.

You can verify access control on both the machines.

TeamViewer à Extrasà Options à Advancedà Advanced settings for connections to this computer

Also

TeamViewer à Extrasà Options à Advancedà Advanced settings for connections to other computer

That should work.