Customer updated to TeamViewer 14 and can't use admin privileges anymore

IvanMontillaM
IvanMontillaM Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Good afternoon,

We have a customer that was previously using TeamViewer 13 and during QuickSupport sessions opened (and used) software with administrator privileges without any problem on a LAN (internal support) with Active Directory. These computers normally run with standard user privileges, as per company security policy.

Now that the customer upgraded to TeamViewer 14, when a software with administrator privileges is opened, the screen goes gray with a message and connection is paused until the elevated software is closed. We tried running the lightweight client with administrator privileges on a test machine and everything worked just fine.

How can the customer elevate privileges during a QuickSupport session? Without making the remote person to type domain administrator credentials manually.

P.S.: Customer has been using products from other companies to access remote computers.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @IvanMontillaM

Thanks for your post.

This article might help you: Controlling the UAC on remote Windows PC 

It explains how you can connect to a remote device with the ability to control the UAC by authenticating with the username and password of your Windows account.

I hope this helps you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Good morning Esther,

Customer is using QuickSupport, not the full client of TeamViewer 14 on remote machines. How can he do the same procedure with the QuickSupport light agent instead?

I've read the article and is related to the full client.

• Esther

Hi @IvanMontillaM

The one receiving the connection (=using the QuickSupport) should be the one not knowing/being able to control the UAC.

The one establishing the connection (=using the TeamViewer full version) should be the one who initiates the connection (via Windows authentication). This authentication method allows that he (=the one establishing the connection) will be able to control the UAC on the remote device (=using QS).

Or how exactly is your setup?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Good morning,

I think there has been a bit of confusion, we are resellers of the solution, and a customer of us provides support to his internal customers using TeamViewer.

So, he provides support using a full TeamViewer 14 installation and allows his end internal customer to download a QuickSupport agent.

How is my customer able to elevate privileges on the QuickSupport for his end internal customer?

• Esther

Hi again,

please let your customer try to connect with Windows authentication and let me know whether this solves it.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager