Free Version - teamviewer portable is running in limited demonstration mode

mrb1972
mrb1972 Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I have installed the Free private version of teamviewer but it keeps coming up with the 

"teamviewer portable is running in limited demonstration mode" , I have read some other posts about this but they don't seem to relate to the private version.

Any ideas how to get it working?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @mrb1972 

Thank you for your post.

The use of TeamViewer Portable requires a Premium, Corporate, or Tensor License. More information on TeamViewer Portable can be found here.

If you are interested in using TeamViewer Portable and other licensed services, I would recommend reaching out to our licensing team directly! You can find local numbers here.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• mrb1972

Thanks, but I havent installed Teamviewer Portable , im trying to use the standard deskop version but keep getting the error mentioned above

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @mrb1972

Thanks for the clarification. 

Your first message mentions that "teamviewer portable is running in limited demonstration mode" appears when you try to use TeamViewer - this is the message that appears in TeamViewer Portable when you are not signed in to a licensed account.

If this is the message you see in TeamViewer, please uninstall the current TeamViewer and re-install TeamViewer on to your computer using the green "Download for free" button on our website
    2019-04-26 11_21_36-.png

If you receive a message after installation stating "Commercial Use suspected", please see the following Community article for how to resolve this.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• mrb1972

Hi,

That is the version I have installed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times, I don't understand why the error message is mentioning "Teamviewer Portable".

But looking on google it seems im not the only person to come across this issue

• I had this exact issue. Free version. Desktop, Windows 7 Pro, not the portable Teamviewer. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling.  I even deleted leftover files in AppData, Program Files, etc.  I hadn't tried doing a registry sweep... a bit hesitant since it could be a long time.  Tried running as administrator, tried setting it to always run as administrator, tried setting every single exe file to always run as administrator.

Not only does the error message constantly pop up every so often (and sometimes at random) and interrupt what I am doing, but Teamviewer also was having trouble connecting.  It wouldn't even let me login on any screen, sometimes not even allowing me to type in the email field.  I remember it saying something about a Proxy.  It's funny, because I don't use a proxy and instead use manual TCIP settings.

After enabling the action center to check on the Firewall (making sure it wasn't the culprit, and it was disabled), I went into the Options and changed the Proxy to none from "automatically detecting".  I believe the software may have a bug (perhaps for Windows 7 users) that automatically detects a proxy exists when one does not.

See if that works.

Extras > Options > General,Network Settings, Proxy Settings, Configure... > No proxy > OK > OK

Things started working better after that.