Interface for connecting using computer password

JHH-
JHH- Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

So far as I know, there are two basic methods of connecting to another computer in TV. One involves the special Teamviewer id and password. Since I am not at both computers (!!) I'm not going to be able to get much use out of that.

The other way is by entering the password to that computer. When I am at the correct TV interface for doing that, when I select connect using password I am immediately looking at that computer's home screen and only have to enter that computer's password as if I were at that computer. That I can do.

The problem, and my question, is how to get to that interface. From memory, if I click on the down arrow at "Connect" (extreme top right) I sometimes get a choice of which computer to connect to, and to connect using password, and that means the computer's password, not the TV id or password. Anyway, somewhere there on the right side of the screen, the screen I get when I open TV, there will be one of my other computers and that option to connect using password, And sometimes, like now, those options just will not show up and I cannot find them.

How do I get to the interface I need, the one with those options? Choose computer, connect using password. Right now my options are remote control and file transfer, and control requires TV i.d.. The computer I need is not even showing up now. And it was just there moments ago.

Yes, Just a few minutes ago I had the options I need but I got the message that I could not connect because the other computer was using a different, outdated, version of TV. I got my wife to update it, it's updated now (no, she couldn't find the id, etc., don't ask) but now that interface is gone. My only connection option requires TV-specific codes. How do I get the interface offering "my" way, the easy way, remote control using password, back?

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator

Hi @JHH- 

Thank you for your post.

If my understanding is correct, Windows authentication may be the option you are looking for.  Kindly follow the steps below:

1. login to your TeamViewer account on TeamViewer Full client
    2. open on Computer and Contacts, then select the device you would like to connect to, find the gear wheel then click on Properties
    3. expand the options of Advanced, then look for Action settings -> Authentiation mode, select Windows authentication
      2019-10-01 10_11_41-Window.png
    4. If the setting of Windows authentication is selected, you will be asked for Windows logon credentials for connections.

Hope the information is helpful.

If it is not the answer you are looking for, kindly provide more information please.

Feel free to contact us if there is anything we may assist further with.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • JHH-
    JHH- Posts: 2

Thanks, Ying. I was going to say I never had to do anything like that before, the option was simply offered when at the right interface. Also I googled windows authentication and it's not simply the computer password. (I'm not sure what it is - the explanations were way over my head.) Then I took one more stab at finding the interface. In the center panel (Recent Connectons, My Computers, Offline) my laptop was not listed. I clicked the greyed out "Offline" choice, and presto, the right panel offered four choices, 1)remote control using confirmation, 2)remote control using password, 3)Presentation, and 4)Video call. #2 is what I was looking for. So that much is solved. However, clicking that brought up the outdated version message (laptop not updated) as the reason I can not connect. And my wife updated the laptop last night. I'll check that but I fear the "commercial use detected" pop-up I got immediately on trying to use connection choice #1 has something to do with it. I'll let you know if the laptop isn't updated, but I'm quite sure it is. I am very curious why the laptop showed up as "offline" since it is running, and should be running TV. I'll go home and check.

2019-10-02.png

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator

Hi, @JHH- 

Thank you for the reply.

Regards to the update issue, can you also check TeamViewer version by TeamViewer -> Help -> About TeamViewer -> Version, the recommend version is the latest version for both sides of connection please. 

If you receive the message of 'commercial uses suspected', kindly fill in the Commercial uses suspected form for both sides of TeamViewer ID please, TeamViewer will take a closer look in your IDs' connections. 

Hope the information above will be helpful. Let me know if there is any more questions to assist.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员