I have a corporate licence paid annualy. Since I switch to V14 and updated my host client install program, when I install it, and when I click the about menu item, the licence is "free".
Before (TV13 and before), I put my serial number and the account becomes "corporate", ok.
Today (TV14), I don't have any menu to put a serial number, the host is assigned to the corporate account, but about menu still show "licence: free"
Thank you in advance
It seems you did not get any response on this topic. I am experiencing exactly the same issue with some of my users. One gets an additional message that "either your licence or your partner's licence is blocked". I will log a support ticket again to TV support but they have not been very helpful so far.
Any tips from users who were able to fix this issue will be welcome.
Bruno (SPIE Belgium)
Thank you for your post.
For licensing questions, I would recommend you contact our support team so that we can get your license set up correctly as there are no licenses for the recent versions that should be using license keys as these are for Legacy licenses only.
End points do not require a license, only people making outbound connections need a license and this is managed by their TeamViewer account. In order to avoid the Problems with License keys below.
Once a user has a license account, they can just sign in to the software to be licensed. They will not get interrupted even if connecting to devices that are "Trial Expired"
On end points, We would recommend installing a host module rather than the full version
This has the benefits of:
- Simple Download with Custom link
- Does not show as "Trial" or "Free"
- You don't need to sign in and do the trusted devices process when setting up access to Hosts.
- They are added to your account automatically
- Shortened Setup process
- They are branded with your logo for a more professional appearance.
For more information, please read the article below.
----Disadvantage with License keys----
- License keys are not traceable.
When applied to a device, any connection to or from that device will use a channel. This can create unexpected usage of channels and results in license holders paying more for licenses than necessary due to rogue channel use.
- Manual activations on individual licenses cause clashes when someone else tried to create a connection to or from the device using a different license.
- License key activations cannot be removed from the device by the license holder and require a support ticket to be removed.
- By using license keys, many functions of the license are lost such as connection reports.
Hope this will be helpful for you.