Licensing questions

Options
peter_nn
peter_nn Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I have some questions about licensing:

1. If my computer is licensed, can I connect to any other computer running TeamViewer without restrictions (one connection at a time)?
Or the computer I connect to has to be licensed as well, if used for business?

2. What exactly is a "seat" in terms of licensing? 
I want to be able to connect to other computers both from my desktop and from my laptop, but will never use both simultaneously. Can I do this with a Business plan subscription?
One seat means one user, or one computer?

3. If I replace a licensed computer with a new one, can I transfer the license/subscribtion free of charge?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• peter_nn
    Options

^ bump

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi there, 

Thank you for your posts. 

May I ask you to submit a ticket in this case? My colleagues will be happy to assist you. 

Please also attach the log files of the device where it's not working. 

If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. 

Wish you both a great day and all the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• peter_nn
    Options

Hello Natascha,

thank you for your reply, but it seems to me it's a reply to some other question about a technical issue. I've never said something is not working.
    My questions are about TeamViewer licensing, here they are again, rephrased and maybe more clear:
    1. If two computers are connected via TeamViewer (business use), is it enough if only one of those computers has a license? Or both computers need a license?

2. If I buy a Business plan subscription, can I use TeamViewer both from my desktop PC and from my laptop, providing I'll never use it simultaneously on both machines?

3. If I buy a new machine, can I deactivate the license on my old machine and start using it on the new one?

Thanks,
    Peter