Lock on Sesson End - Mac v14

crab
crab Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

This issue is noted in https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/Locking-remote-computer-at-the-end-of-session/m-p/31860/highlight/false#M16476

If you look at the bottom of this thread you notice that v14 has a bug in this setting for Macs. I wanted to give it its own thread (for Macs) as was supposedly fixed in V13.

Client & remote have latest Mojave version (10.14.5).
TeamViewer v14.3.4730

Every time I log onto remote computer the "Lock on Session End" is checked. There is no setting in preferences to set a default option on this. I uncheck and log off. Log on later and find this option checked once again (however, at least the remote machine did not log off, so the option is working) It is critical this remote machine not log off. Some machines I attach to do not have the "Lock on session end" checked. Some tests I run seem to indicate it might be related to the screen saver being active on the remote computer but haven't tested enough to really determine if this is the cause. 

Tagged:

Comments

• DanLester
    DanLester Posts: 31 ✭✭

Not the case for me. I used to have this probem regularly in older versions, but since upgrading to v14 I've never seen it. I'm on a Mac connecting to other Macs and a PC.

• crab

I have 3 remote machines. One has Mojave fresh install, 2 just upgraded to latest Mojave.  Running TeamViewer client on my Mac running latest Mojave (10.14.5). On any of the 3 remote machines as soon as I turn on the screen saver.. and it kicks in ....

I attach from my client and the Actions >Lock Computer > Lock on Session end is checked. And I need to manually uncheck it each time or else remote machine will log off the account. 

If I disable the screen saver (on remote machine) and leave the account logged in, each time I connect remotely, this option is NOT checked. Operates the same on all 3 machines. TM v14.3.4730 on all machines.

I had a friend of mine attempt same remote connection. Not sure what machine he was on, but he noticed the identical behaviour on all 3 machines. Screen saver toggling changed the Lock option as I've described. So this is happening identically across 5 machines. (2 clients, 3 remotes)

We are both experienced IT installers.. Not sure what is triggering the behaviour. TeamViewer no longer has an option to disable this behaviour in Preferences. The screen saver enable/disable definitely triggers the 'bug'. Am sure some others will observe this behaviour some machines must also get into the same 'state' as mine. 

I am documenting this in the forums for when others notice the same behaviour. Maybe they can pinpoint other properties that lead to this behaviour.

• DanLester
    DanLester Posts: 31 ✭✭

Interesting. I guess I'm just lucky, or there is some obscure setting that we're not aware of. I use Teamviewer almost every day, and while this used to be a really annoying problem, it is no longer for me. FWIW, I'm still on El Cap, and the PC I'm connecting to is Win7.

• crab

Good to know.. So I'm guessing anyone who connects TO Mojave, FROM Mojave with TeamViewer 14.3.x will notice this 'bug'.