Losing control while maintaining connection

SixtyTwo
SixtyTwo Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

While connected to a remote laptop, I will suddenly lose control of the connection. For example, if I click to close a window, the window will close but I do not see it close locally. I can then still move my mouse around (and it even moves on the remote side) but anything I click will not refresh locally. I tried hitting refresh screen but it does not respond.

The only way to work around is to use the Close Connection button and log in again.

The remote laptop is a PC and I am on a Mac but I experience the same issue if I use a buddy's PC laptop at his location.

The remote laptop is running on an LTE connection and I am on a high speed cable connection.

Both installs are 14.2.8352, free editions. The remote is not setup on an account yet but mine is.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• bonno
    bonno Posts: 2

Having the same issue. Sometimes I am unable to connect to my computer, sometimes I lose my connection a few seconds after connected. Sometimes it's okay after several tries. 

This happens on my mobile device as well. 

• SixtyTwo
    SixtyTwo Posts: 2

This issue has been frustrating me for a month.

Thank you very much for the solution!!!

• bonno
    bonno Posts: 2

Hello Jean,

I did not have a chance to test out the solution as I simply did not need it. The problem never occurred. If I shall stumble upon it again, I shall test out thy solution.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
    bonno