Mouse stopped working

TVUser3998
TVUser3998 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I last used teamviewer on Wednesdsay and everything worked fine.  Today, the mouse on my remote PC does not work anymore.  I didn't change any settings.  Was there an update in the last 2 days?

Comments

• TVUser3998
    TVUser3998 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I found that if i check off the "disable remote input' box then i can control the mouse remotely.  But I don't want to do this as I want the remote user to be able to control the mouse too.  Why is this happening?

• Exact same problem here. Was helping a client (and friend) who was the remote PC user. Mouse control was fine during the TeamViewer session, and boom, immediately on terminating the session, the remote mouse was killed and stayed dead -- including when TeamViewer was not running and after rebooting and even uninstalling TeamViewer.

Remote mouse is/was a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard (KB & wireless mouse pair). It's one of those 20 year old fairly nice combos but it's one of the early USB mice and it has a strange (and large) wireless receiver. No drivers needed normally, installing "drivers" is just a front end that Microsoft provides.

Something about TeamViewer killed this mouse for my client. :( We did all the common sense things (new batteries, re-pairing the wireless receiver, etc.), and the only solution we found was getting a new wireless mouse.

Something broke this configuration on the Windows PC. Uninstalled both TeamViewer and also uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager and let Windows automatically reinstall it, no dice, no ability to move the mouse pointer for that particular mouse.

Has anyone else run into this? This seems fairly terrible to have happened.