Problem connecting to Quicksupport

jonros
jonros Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Just bought Teamviewer Premium, branded Quicksupport but can't connect to it. On the Quicksupport we get an ID that looks like sXX - XXX - XXX.

Error message says "Partner couldn't be contacted with given network address."

If we donload an unbranded Quicksupport it looks like normal with the ID: X XXX XXX XXX, and it works to connect as normal.

Are we missing something or dowing something wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello jonros,

Thank you for your message.

I'll try to go straight to the point. :smileyhappy:

If you are using a customized QuickSupport (created from your Management Console), the QuickSupport will generate a session code like sXX - XXX - XXX. The support request will pop up in your list of Computers and Contacts in the group you linked the QuickSupport with. In this case, you don't need to enter the session code in the connection bar, you just need to double click on the support request (which should be displayed with a green star icon).

2018-11-22 16_20_28-admin.png

If you are using the standard QuickSupport, which can be downloaded from our website here, the QuickSupport will generate an ID and a password. This is the classic TeamViewer connection mode : you will only have to enter this ID and the password, and you will be able to connect to the device.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• See screenshot for details, not sure if it's the same for OP, but it sounds like it.

teamviewer-missing session-code.png

I think there's something wrong with the customized module as we're not getting any session codes