Pushing Teamviewer host silently

mvanopens
mvanopens Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi there,

I'm trying to push TeamViewer host via Intune.  I've been able to configure an msi package but can't seem to find a way to get past the Unattended Access wizard.  I'd like to push a complete configuration silently to my users so that we have standardized password across devices.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Marissa

Tagged:

Comments

• Nfoster
    Nfoster Posts: 53 ✭✭

I agree with bferg317 I have been using TV since version 12 and now have version 14 with Tensor and though it is getting easier to deploy it is far from usable. TV has been so device and on-prem focused it is hard to use it in any cloud-based scenario. Even on-prem is a nightmare.
    The best I have been able to achieve in either cloud or on-prem is by using Advanced Installer to re-compile their MSI installer, include the TeamViewer_Settings.reg files (Need to keep **bleep** people from messing around with settings), and run the massive command-line, that will break easily if you do not have every in good order, at the end of the install. It is a complete mess. You end up with three references to TeamViewer in Program & Features and even then it does not always work.
    I have been working directly with their development team and they are tried to figure out the "Single MSI Installer". It is like the Surface Phone, some mythical beast that that is rumored to exist but no one has yet to see it.
    TV needs to be user-focused and dumb down the TV application. You should not care where it is installed, only what your users can do with it. Thus. "User-Based Policies". Granted, we still need to lock down the TV application but that should be baked into the installer when you create the module (We do not want user using TV to connect to non-company issued devices). The ideal solution here would be to bake in the assignment process into the MSI Installer and then lock down the TV app from the TV portal using policies.
    As of today, we have no effective solution to deploy TV to our environment either for on-prem or cloud. Their script works great when it is a local install, but not through automation.