TV on remote computer stops working

AoGRadio
AoGRadio Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

All of a sudden two days ago, TV 14 just quit working on the remote computer.  That computer runs my radio station programming automation, and is not monitored all the time.  

Tech support had me shut down and start up several times via the services tab, because I didn't want to restart the computer. That lasted about 12 hours! 

So, today I went back and restarted the computer (which by the way created several other problems, so thanks for that!!!). I got TV to work again, but here we are about 8 hours later, and when I try to connect to the remote computer, I'm getting the same error message that TV is not running on the remote computer.

I need this fixed immediately! This computer - which runs 24/7 - is 15 miles from my house, I can't keep running up there every 8-12 hours when TV decides to shut down.......

Tagged:

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @AoGRadio,

Thank you for your post. 

It's sad to hear, that the connection still does not work. Can you please verify the IDs? Which ID is displayed on the remote TeamViewer and which ID do you use to connect?

Do you use the latest TeamViewer versions on both sides? Please check this under "Help" --> "About TeamViewer". Which operating systems do you use on both sides?

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• I don't know what you mean about IDs......both computers are on TV14; the remote computer is running Windows 10, the controlling computer is on W9.

• Natascha

Hi @AoGRadio,

Thanks for the answer. Can you please doublecheck which ID is displayed on the remote computer? Please make sure, that you use the correct ID to connect to. 

Have a great day :) 
    Best,
    Natascha

• OK, this is not helpful.......I only have one computer to remote into.  I am trying to connect to ONLY that computer.

Your "2nd level" tech sent my some very complicated instructions about google DNS changes.....that I don't understand and am NOT going to even attempt.

Tonight, TV shut down on me IN THE MIDDLE OF A SESSION!

What a waste of money, energy, time, and effort......

• Natascha

Hi @AoGRadio,

Thanks for your reply. 

If there is already an open ticket with our 2nd level, please contact them again in answering to that ticket. They assist you, if something does not work with the suggestions they made. 

I'm sorry, that I couldn't help you in this case. 

Thank you in advance and sorry for the inconvienience.

Best,
    Natascha