TV14 MSI Host download doesn't have auto update (greyed out)

Markus_
Markus_ Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

The TV14 MSI Host download doesn't allow auto updates at all.

When I'm downloading TV14 Host as .exe I can use autoupdate as intended. For our client rollout we need to use MSI. When I'm using the MSI Package ( Download at https://login.teamviewer.com ) the auto update section is greyed out with no settings loaded at all. After importing the exported settings of a working TV14 Host (.exe installation), it doesn't change. With this issue we don't have any auto updates at all on our installed clients. 

To manually update doesn't work too - no window appears after clicking on "check for updates".

Best Regards,
Markus

Screenshots done with default MSI installation (no .reg file or account linking done):

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Markus,

Thanks for posting the update :-)

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I do not understand the solution? Are you saying we have to re-push the TeamViewer package each time an update comes out?

I am in the same predicament, my TeamViewer policy is set for auto-update, but the option is greyed out within the advanced options on all clients. My clients have not been updating and I would love to resolve this.

• ysystems
    ysystems Posts: 3 ✭✭

You won't resolve this because they don't want to implement this feature into the MSI. I also called and asked them a few times to change that. But they never told me their reason for it. Only: works as intended

• awestveer
    awestveer Posts: 2 ✭✭

Please, please, please TeamViewer: make it work, so updates can be done automatically even when using the .msi installer. I want to use the latest and greatest TeamViewer version, but I need the msi installer to add new customers automatically to our TeamViewer portal.