Team Viewer 14 not starting on reboot Windows 7

CCinNM
CCinNM Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have spent hours researching this.  I think I have done all of the suggestions I have found to make TeamViewer start on reboot on Windows 7 including uninstalling and re-installing.  It will not start on reboot.  I must be missing the magic setting or checkmark somehow.  Can anyone give me direction to make this work every time?  Thanks!

Comments

• laknox
    laknox Posts: 10 ✭✭

I have the same issue and, so far, I've not seen one single reply that works, and this has been going on for at least 4 version releases.  Using TV14 14.2.8352, upated Apr 15, 2019.  Windows 7 Pro 64, updated as of Apr 16, 2019.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled TV, with reboots, several times, including older versions back to at least 10, and the issue still remains.  If I don't remember to manually start TV after a reboot, it simply will NOT start.  YES, I do have the option to start with windows checked.  Does ANYONE have even a workaround, let alone a real solution?

• Plus
    Plus Posts: 2

Latest version didn't fix this problem, TeamViewer_Service.exe take long time to start with Windows, that causes the LAN and wifi hangs 10 seconds, affect on Win 7 to 8.1 all version

• laknox

@Plus wrote:

Latest version didn't fix this problem, TeamViewer_Service.exe take long time to start with Windows, that causes the LAN and wifi hangs 10 seconds, affect on Win 7 to 8.1 all version

Well, it "hangs" until I manually start it.  IMO, that's not a "hang", that's simply a failure to start.  Doesn't matter if it's 10 minutes or 10 hours.

• patholden
    patholden Posts: 1

Is there a fix for this or do we wait for next version to come out?

• laknox

@patholden wrote:

Is there a fix for this or do we wait for next version to come out?

Not as of TV 14.2.8352...  :-(