edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,
we use TeamViewer licensed on a Mac and it freeze always in this situation:

1. connect to Windows or Mac clients
  2. open the File Transfer
  3. browse to your local Mac Downloads folder
  4. your Download folder has more than 3000 files
  5. TeamViewer freezes

This issue is present from more than 6 years, I'm reporting it now because it never got solved.

Tested on latest V14 for Mac 

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Hi @oliversl ,

thanks for contacting us.

I will try to reproduce this behavior and try to improve that. A freeze is, of course, not intended. Unfortunately I cannot promise you if or when we can improve this. But I'll try to keep you up to date.

Best

Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • Many thanks Kerstin!
    I'm really happy that TeamViewer is responding and filling but reports from its users! Regards

• posix
    posix Posts: 3 ✭✭

This can happen if you have many items in the Downloads folder, because Teamviewer is trying to list them all.  Try emptying the Downloads folder and try again.

• JohnD
    JohnD Posts: 35

This happens in any folder that has many files, and it's still happening in v15.  I can't say that I've seen an actual permanent hang/freeze, but I've seen a minutes-long spinning beachball when File Transfer is trying to list a Documents folder with 711 items, which is not a lot.  

And saying to a user "Um, please empty your Documents folder so TV doesn't have to fix their crazy-slow file-listing code" is not a solution.

Please fix this very old and very silly bug...file-listing code is not rocket-science, just give it a little love and stop the madness.

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Hi @oliversl , @posix and @JohnD ,

we have fixed that issue with the next upcoming release 15.3. Sorry, it it took more time than you might have expected.

If you are still facing issues regarding listing a lot of files with the next release, do not hestitate to reply.

Thanks for using TeamViewer and for helping to improve our product by giving your feedback in the community!

Best, Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core