Posted by anders1
Henagon

TeamViewer 14 remote update problem

Hello

I recently updated my Tw to version 14. After the upgrade I noticed that the remote clients that I have at the other end of the country will NOT update threw the client anymore as it has been in the past. This means that I can't connect to the remote computers at all anymore nor upate them either. Please help me out?

-Flax-

7 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: TeamViewer 14 remote update problem

Hi @anders1 ,

Thankyou for your post.

As TeamViewer lastest version can always remote connect to equal or lower version of TeamViewer. Kindly check for supported operating system information and the internet settings on both sides of connection if you are experincing any connectivity issue.

Regards
Ying_Q

Posted by anders1
Henagon

Hello agian

No it doesn't. I get the following error message:

The remote Teamviewer is running and old version witch is out of date. Therefor you cannot connecto to this version anymore. Your connection partner can update TeamViewer by clicking "help". Check for new version. Then I click the button "learn how" it says reason unknown.

I can't attach a picture to this message. But that is what is says

Hi @anders1 

Can you kindly provide the information of operating system and TeamViewer version from your both devices please. 

Also, what is the Learn Now button from TeamViewer application? Can you kindly provide additional information on it please.

Regards

Ying_Q

Posted by anders1
Henagon

My version: TV:14.3.4730 windows 10 pro EN
Remote computer: TV: 11.0.65452 windows 10 pro EN

Highlighted
Posted by RonR
Photon

It seems there was narrow window in which to update remotely. Now that window is closed and you can no longer connect with older versions of Teamviewer

Hi @anders1 

We encourage all the users to enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

Feel free to visit the page and update your TeamViewer to the latest version for both sides of connections.

Regards

Ying_Q

Posted by anders1
Henagon

This is a bad thing and a very big minus against TV. This was one of the rason why I chose TV over others. Please replace it back to be able to update remotely as it was before. This is in very mutch useage?

Regards
Anders1